Twilio is hiring a Regional Director of Product Management to lead product management for its Voice and Video business unit in the EMEA region. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to define the Twilio voice and video experience for EMEA customers and drive the expansion of Twilio's footprint throughout EMEA countries. Twilio already has a strong presence in Europe with data centers in Ireland and Germany, offices in London, Berlin, Madrid, Malmo, Tallinn, and Prague, and sales and sales engineering presence throughout the region. Now we're looking for an entrepreneurial and driven product manager who can drive the product improvements and provide the in-region support necessary to accelerate Twilio's expansion in the region.
The right person for this role:
- Is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience on the planet, showing proven success in ownership, bias for action, and thinking big
- Excels at working with and supporting sales teams in an enterprise business-to-business context on strategic mission-critical applications and opportunities
- Has experience working across the diverse cultures and business environments in EMEA, especially in the UK, France, Germany and Nordics
- Exhibits excellent judgment, prioritizing between existing versus new customers
- Is a strong business owner, comfortable sharing vision with senior leadership, but also working closely with engineering teams to dive deep into details to make ideas into reality.
- Understands the technical and architectural challenges developers face when building a sophisticated, polished web or mobile application
- Has experience collaborating remotely from "outside HQ" to drive initiatives that solve regional needs
- Understands programming fundamentals and isn't afraid to write code – you'll be drafting mock REST and client-side APIs, and occasionally building simple demo applications to share your product's capabilities and your vision for its future
- Has communications industry experience including direct experience with technologies/standards such as SIP, VoIP, WebRTC, etc. and an understanding of the telecom environment throughout EMEA
- Is willing to travel frequently, as much as 75%, primarily throughout EMEA region
In this role, you'll be the point of contact for Twilio's Voice & Video product management and strategy for our customers and sales teams throughout EMEA–meeting directly with customers and prospects, fielding day-to-day product management inquiries from the field, and engaging with our largest customers, other product managers, and cross-functional teams to design, deliver, and support solutions to customer needs. This means that you will own:
- Own the product roadmap for your region's needs, and work with Twilio's distributed product teams to define and deliver the product and commercial initiatives necessary to make customers in your region successful
- Discover opportunities and solutions by gathering feedback from customers, prospects, and sales/sales engineering teams
- Work with Twilio's globally distributed product team to evolve existing services and define new ones, prioritize their features, and craft their user experience–this means iterating with other product managers on feature specifications, API mocks and UI wireframes
- Represent the product roadmap and key business metrics as it relates to your region's unique needs to Twilio’s technology executives, customers, and to product teams across the company
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. The Programmable Voice & Video platform daily reaches more than two million developers globally.
Either working in our office in London (4 Crown Place) or the option to work remotely, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, catered lunches and dinners at least twice a week, snacks, massages, monthly birthday treats, regular team events and activities, along with our bi-weekly global All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Twilio, the developer platform for communications, is reinventing telecom by merging the worlds of cloud computing, web services, and telecommunications.
Generous vacation time; $20/month for daily bike ride; Zipcar perks; catered lunch, family dinners, fully stocked kitchen; gym stipends; 6-month apprenticeship program for people with non-traditional tech backgrounds.
Java, Python, Golang, C, C++, React, Angular, IAAS platforms (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute), .NET
Recruiter screen; 1-2 rounds of phone screens with hiring managers; onsite interview (5 hours, meet with 4-5 people); founders very involved in recruiting process; in between those rounds: put together a 60-90 day plan and participate in a coding challenge administered by a member of the engineering team.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.