What you’ll be doing...
In this position, you will be a hands-on engineering COACH with deep Cloud platform skills and DevOps/SDLC platform and tooling. The successful candidate is a continuous learner that is passionate about teaching, mentoring, and coaching others on improving how we build technology. Contributing to Open Source projects is a plus. In this role, you will work closely with teams to transform the way they work, leveraging Agile, DevOps, and Cloud principles and practices. You will gain experience across multiple technologies and applications and directly impact the Public Cloud and DevOps transformation.
• Be a hands-on technical coach, accelerating the learning of Engineers .
• Pair with engineering teams to design and implement scalable, secure, and high performance solutions that enable development teams to move faster.
• Drive strategy, patterns, (and working code) for how we apply Cloud platform and configuration as code practices.
• Drive innovation by assessing, piloting, building DevOps/Cloud tooling and services to improve overall developer experience and productivity.
• Drive Cloud & DevOps engineering communities of practices across the organization.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
• Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
• Six or more years of relevant work experience.
• Experience in Information Technology.
Experience coaching new engineers
Even better if you have:
• A degree.
• Five or more years of relevant experience including in managing Linux/Unix platforms in web-scale deployments.
• Three or more years of experience using Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices.
• Strong ability to guide/lead teams and individuals toward beneficial outcomes experience.
• Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
• Experience with cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service platforms: AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, Soft Layer, OpenStack.
• Experience with orchestration template technologies such as: OpenStack Heat, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, and Hashicorp Terraform.
• Experience with containers and container scheduling and management platforms such as: Docker, rkt, Mesos, or Kubernetes.
• Experience with platform-as-a-service technologies such as: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, or Heroku.
• Experience with telemetry solutions such as: DataDog, Sensu, Graphite, Influxdb.
• Experience with logging and reporting solutions such as: Logstash, Elasticsearch, and Kibana (ELK), Grafana, or Splunk.
• Three or more years of relevant experience including in managing Linux/Unix platforms in web-scale deployments.
• Understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life-cycle.
• Experience developing cloud-native applications that adhere to microservices and twelve-factor application principles.
• Experience with programming and scripting languages: Ruby, Go, Python, Perl, bash, ksh.
• Experience with development using Github or Bitbucket.
• Experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment, monitoring/telemetry, logging, reporting/dashboarding, and continuous delivery technologies.
• Experience in building high-performance infrastructures that are scalable and resilient.
• Proven ability to create clear and detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
• Demonstrated capability to implement alongside the other engineers being coached and developed.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.