The research group at Camlin Technologies is focussed on providing new and innovative product solutions for the core businesses of the Camlin Group. We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated Research Physicist to enhance our research team. The successful candidate will join a team engaged in the design and development of innovative products, rapid prototyping and continuous problem solving. It is therefore vital that applicant has innate curiosity, a strong appetite for independent research and determination to achieve success.
• Understand domain and product requirements in order to design, develop and test high quality C/C++ software running on embedded platform with RTOS
• Provide associated unit and functional tests within a continuous integration environment.
• Participate in agile process collaborating with Product Owner, team members and other local or international stakeholders
• Produce clear and concise design documentation • Participate in manual end to end system integration testing
• Provide Support and maintenance for existing software .
• Degree in Computer science / software engineering, or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years C/C++ development experience for embedded platforms
• Practical experience using real time operating systems.
• Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• Development on 32 bit microcontroller (Atmel, Analog device blackfin), running an RTOS • Experience developing low level device drivers on embedded hardware • Experience using unit test frameworks e.g. TUT, Google Mock • Experience using scripting languages, preferably python • Familiarity with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, ZigBee and CAN • Code maintenance for “product quality” projects (Static code analysers, Code refactoring) • Familiarity with embedded hardware design • Familiarity with digital signal processing algorithms and methods including FFT, digital filters, re-sampling • Familiarity with control theory (PID controller etc.) • Experience working in an Agile environment with continuous integration.
• A strong team player with determination and capability of meeting objectives under pressure • Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. • A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients • Quality focused, conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment • Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills .
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
A GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER
Camlin operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
Your Performance. Our Technology.
Our mission is to continuously improve our customers’ operational performance through technology. We bring revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries.
- Competitive Salary
- 22 Annual holidays + 10 public holidays
- Health insurance cover, - Aviva Group Policy - for salary levels above 35K and following successful completion of 6 month probationary period
- Life insurance, x2 Annual Salary - following successful completion of 6 month probationary period
- Above minimum contributory pension of up to 6% contributions from company, following successful completion of 6 month probationary period
- Financial support for job relevant training at the company’s discretion
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work schemes
- Digital platform based on FPGA and embedded platforms.
- Vivado, and JTAG Programming tools in general
Function Generators, Oscilloscope, Multimeter, etc ...
- Linux configuration and runs Linux commands
- C, C++, Labview
- Computer vision and artificial intelligence techniques
- CANbus, and networking both wired and wireless
- Wide range of web technologies and network protocols
- HTML5 and CSS3
- AngularJS/React/Vue front-end framework
- LESS/Sass/Stylus CSS Pre-Processor
- GIT and possibly GitFlow
- Test-Driven Development and continuous integration
- Zemax, Mathematica, Mathcad, Comsol
- Spectroscopic techniques; Optical spectroscopy instrumentation and imaging systems
CV Screening by HR and hiring manager.
Short 30 minute telephone interview followed by a 60 minute technical panel interview conducted either in person or via Video conference.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.