Provides application and interface support to all internal and external EMMS (Energy and Market Management Systems) users and downstream applications. Actively involved in the design, development, testing, validation and implementation of modifications and enhancements to EMMS and OTS systems.
Understands and applies principles, theories and concepts related to the profession and ERCOT's culture.
Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Impact is generally limited to specific assignments or projects.
May respond to inquiries and/or provide assistance and/or guidance to lower level workers.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
• Works under the direction of a senior level engineer or supervisor/manager to complete departmental goals and assignments
• Performs all work according to applicable rules and regulations including regulatory requirements and organization policies and procedures
• Member of the 24/7 EMMS Production support on call team and supports, troubleshoot EMMS applications and system on call issues
• Assists in the proactive enhancements, improvements and issue remediation for OTS and Real Time Power System Applications which includes State Estimator, Contingency Analysis, and Dispatcher Load Flow, Load Forecast, Load Frequency Control for both Energy Management System (EMS) and Real Time Nodal (RTN) Market
• Coordinate application set up and testing with/for Market Participants as appropriate
• Performs model load testing in Energy and Market Management System on periodic basis and updates the model data in real-time based on the procedures
• Design and Test Energy and Market Management System and Interfaces and Web & Client/Server applications changes
• Verify and support Energy and Market Management applications during Energy and Market Management System site failovers
• Validate Energy and Market Management applications during any server/system/database upgrades and patching
Level 2 – Above +
• Supports the execution of EMMS Disaster Recovery Drills and ERCOT EMMS business continuity procedures
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair EMMS and OTS applications and interfaces, and escalate as appropriate
• May provide on the job training or help oversee the work of other engineers/analysts
• Act as a consultant, representative and subject matter expert in project and activities that affect the EMMS and OTS environments and applications as appropriate
• Participates in multifunctional teams to obtain input, address comments and provide application support
• Represents the EMMS Production Support Team at interdepartmental and Stakeholder meetings
Level 3 – Above +
• Provides on the job training or help oversee the work of other engineers/analysts
• May act as mentor and advisor to less experienced engineers/analysts
• Works independently on assignments and projects
• Participates in multifunctional teams to perform studies
• Assists in developing tools, processes and procedures that enhance system reliability and departmental/organizational efficiencies
• Participates with other ERCOT departments to select and implement system changes as needed
Level Senior – Above +
• Serves as the technical Subject Matter Expert for the department
• Makes independent decisions except in instances of unusually complex application scenarios
• Works on the most complex application issues where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
• Works with database administrators and infrastructure teams on complex Energy and Market Management System application issues triggered from server/network/storage/database components
• Tests Non-Functional requirements of Energy and Market Management System application changes and co-ordinantes with database/infrastructure teams to performs the tests
• Fosters and leverages strong working relationships with other internal departments
• Lends professional expertise to guide projects and help teammates assigned by manager
• Demonstrates skills as an expert user of power system software applications and tools, spreadsheet programs, and database programs
• Maintains knowledge of emerging trends and industry best practices
Requires minimum 5 years related work experience in excess of degree requirements
Bachelor's Degree : Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field (Required)
Master's Degree : Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field (Preferred)
or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge to a major in such fields is required
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) manages the flow of electric power to 24 million Texas customers - representing about 90 percent of the state's electric load. As the independent system operator for the region, ERCOT schedules power on an electric grid that connects more than 46,500 miles of transmission lines and 550 generation units. ERCOT also performs financial settlement for the competitive wholesale bulk-power market and administers retail switching for 7 million premises in competitive choice areas. ERCOT is a membership-based 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation, governed by a board of directors and subject to oversight by the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Legislature. ERCOT's members include consumers, cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities (transmission and distribution providers), and municipal-owned electric utilities.
Competitive Benefits Package to include a 401K contribution of 10% of salary for all employees and also matches 75% of the employee contribution up to 6% of pay.
Phone screen with Recruiter, Technical interview with Hiring Manager, and Onsite interview with Hiring team.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.