The Endpoint Administrator is responsible for managing and maintaining the LANDesk Management Suite to include administration support as well as managing all packages and updates distributed via LANDesk. The incumbent is responsible for the overall management of 13,000 PCs by developing patches, updates, application packages, and deployments. The Endpoint Administrator is responsible for developing and maintaining processes and procedures for test methodologies and for creating technical documentation for technical support teams and end users. This individual also backs up the PC Engineering Department with Encryption, Mobile Device Management, and the MDT Imaging Infrastructure.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS or experience with software development and reporting
Four (4) years or more of endpoint management experience
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills; ability to effectively solve problems and challenges that satisfy customers
Ability to :
Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and supervisors)
Work independently and as a member of a team
Find solutions to problems using creativity, reasoning, and past experiences along with available information and resources
Simultaneously handle multiple priorities
Maintain composure under pressure
Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
Demonstrated excellent judgment and decision making skills
Excellent organizational, time management and priority setting skills
Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Demonstrated high commitment to quality
Strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
Extensive experience with PC Management solutions (i.e. LANDesk, SCCM, Altiris, etc.) and software distributions at an expert level
Demonstrated aptitude for, and strong understanding of, Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems (expert level)
Experience with multi-site, large environment application package deployments (expert level)
Knowledge and ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy Objects as they relate to PC configurations (advanced level)
Knowledge and experience with quality assurance testing methodologies and practices (advanced level)
Knowledge and strong background in the creation of technical and non-technical documentation and user guides (advanced level)
Knowledge and experience with scripting technologies and components (PowerShell, VBScript, C , AutoIt, and Batch Files) (expert level)
In-depth knowledge and experience in configuring and troubleshooting hardware and software on PCs (advanced level)
Experience with Check Point Encryption or other Full Disk Encryption solution (advanced level) preferred
• Maintain and Support the LANDesk Management Suite
• Manage PC Remote Support, Patch Management, Application Packaging, and Software Distributions
• Perform testing of all desktop/laptop application packages in support of standards to ensure proper function and system stability
• Work on projects and initiatives pertaining to applications and/or configurations impacting Ryder’s endpoint configurations and provide technical support to second level support personnel
• Responsible for backing up the PC Engineering Team with the administration and support of the Full Disk Encryption, MDT Imaging Infrastructure, and AirWatch environments
• Maintain the test environment which includes test desktops/laptops, test plans, virtual test images, and documentation
• Develop and create documentation that includes conceptual descriptions, task-based procedures, configurations, installations, and reference information
• Perform other duties as assigned
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.