We're looking for a top-tier Engineering/Development Manager to help guide our engineering teams in a cross-functional capacity. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, and leads in your day-to-day, using your technical background to champion product development by translating product ideas into technical specs. Although your focus will be on end-to-end project delivery, your mission is to empower and help teams continuously improve in both function and form. You’ll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you’ll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you’ll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Lead the future of developing dApps on the blockchain.
- Work with product leads and design leads to ensure the roadmap is aligned with engineering requirements, features have correct specifications, and appropriate user stories are created.
- Determine the technical stack required and identify areas of constraints early in development. Plan sprints in advance and pre-determine possible edge cases to be resolved.
- Define, scope, estimate, and lead the engineering team to ensure the development issues are done well and on time.
- Resolve bottlenecks and edge cases by making technical decisions and ensuring the product team is aware of the implications.
- Ensure any technical debt is tracked, managed, and resolved efficiently.
- Assist in mentoring junior developers, ensure all team members are aligned on the technical path forward, and help keep the team morale positive.
- Close the gap between technical and non-technical teams - explaining technical concepts to non-technical folks and translating business-oriented and strategic plans to technical folks - to ensure that everyone is aligned.
A little about you:
- You have a full-stack engineering background with strong technical fundamentals.
- You have experience creating technical documentation for a team, product, or service.
- You have experience working directly with product teams and/or product experience.
- You have had exposure to or an interest in blockchain and developing the skills required.
- You have experience with project management and agile workflows.
- You are comfortable with trying out new tools, failing fast, and navigating unknowns.
- You are a strong communicator that can work together with design, product, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Past experience managing a long running (year or more) project.
- Ability to understand technically complex systems and (at a high level) follow formal arguments about the system.
Nice to have:
- Experience with service/infrastructure projects, i.e. where the users are engineers rather than conventional end-users.
- Experience managing projects with multiple teams collaborating.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Back-end, front-end, blockchain, mobile, and/or DevOps development experience.
- Experience working as a scrum master.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.