GEICO’s Cybersecurity Network Security organization has an exciting opportunity for a Enterprise Network Security Engineer to join our team! In this position you will play an important role in the protecting GEICO from security threats to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of GEICOs information and information systems. Qualified candidates must have the ability to plan, prioritize, execute, and manage large projects to deliver enterprise network security services. This role demands excellent project management skills, great interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of GEICOs information and information systems
• Design, test, and implement new or re-engineered Enterprise network security applications and platform solutions
• Provide daily support and perform maintenance tasks for GEICOs security infrastructure components, including (but not limited to) Web Security Gateways,
• Network Access Control systems (ISE), Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewall policy and rules implementation, etc.
• Work with members of other GEICO infrastructure and applications teams to implement, maintain and troubleshoot GEICOs security infrastructure systems
• Perform investigations into security incidents
• Provide support to mature security technologies
• Provide support in ensuring security infrastructure is kept up to date with the latest versions, patches
• Provide 24 x 7 on-call support for GEICOs security infrastructure systems and support for off hours implementations
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Understanding of current regulatory environment and related implications to security/audit compliance (SOX, PCI etc.)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a larger group comprised of different technical and business areas
• Proficiency with Windows and Linux operating systems
• Understanding of networking and network components including subnets, DMZs, routers, switches, and firewalls
• Awareness of the general IT security threat landscape including common vulnerabilities, exploits, social engineering, and malware
• Experience in end-to-end problem determination/troubleshooting system issues, including root cause analysis
• Familiarity with VB script, PowerShell, or other scripting languages
• Excellent communications (written and oral), including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of common application architectures and communications protocols
• Experience with platform performance, capacity, configuration, and fault management
• Experience in public Cloud infrastructure with preference to Microsoft Azure
• Experience: 3-5 years working in an IT support role or in developing, implementing or architecting information systems or infrastructure
• Certification: Security+ (must obtain within 6 months if not possessed), other Security or Networking certifications (desired)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
As the second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States, GEICO provides more than 16 million auto policies and insures more than 24 million vehicles.
Profit sharing; tuition reimbursement; associate assistance program; FSA; business casual dress; fitness and dining facilities at most locations; clubs and sports teams; volunteer opportunities.
.NET, C#, PowerShell, Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium
Phone or video interview with hiring team (may include applicant providing sample work at or prior to interview); onsite or video interview (applicant answers technical questions and speaks to skillset and project work).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.