Must have direct hands-on experience with firewalls in a production environment.
Must have Checkpoint R.77 (or close) and should have Cisco ASA 9 (or 8)
Must have Point to Point VPN
Must have a strong understanding of layer 2 and 3 networking
Should have Checkpoint VS
Should have change control/change management experience.
• Ensure all Firewall equipment are available and functional at all times for the global end-users on a 24/7/365 basis including non-business hours.
• Support and manage Checkpoint, Cisco firewalls and other network devices.
• Provide preventative maintenance on network infrastructure.
• Provide design engineering support for firewall rules to enterprise customers.
• Develop best practices, operational procedures and design documentation for business continuity.
• Monitor and optimize network performance and assure network security in a high availability environment.
• Create redundant, reliable, scalable network with fault tolerance, performance tuning, real-time monitoring, data collection, and disaster recovery.
• Deploy, support and maintain Site to Site and Client to site VPNs.
• Work with other teams in and out of the department to troubleshoot and support LAN and WAN related issues, events and incidents.
• Enforce and execute user policies and procedures regarding the use of network resources.
• Conduct continuous process improvement and implement change management control process.
• Provide capacity planning and hardware/software initiatives to management team.
• Prepare, plan and execute software upgrades as a result of critical bugs, vulnerabilities or EOL announcements
• Third Level Support/acts as escalation path for complex incidents and change requests, engaging vendor where required
• 6 years hands on experience in enterprise network related field.
• Preferred expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Active Directory
• Must possess a working knowledge of network security concepts (Access controls, authentication, authorization).
• Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment while keeping a professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
• Strong network engineering background in a TCP/IP WAN environment.
• Requires the ability to sit at a desk and computer in a moderate noise level room for extended periods of time and must be able to lift 22 pounds.
• Ability to work in a team environment or independently with general guidelines.
• Ability to comprehend and analyze problems then make judgment decisions and find solutions
• Ability to respond quickly in emergency situations.
• Strong network troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent organization, planning, documentation and communications skills.
• Must be able and willing to work on special projects off hours as well as provide emergency on-call service on a 24/7/365 basis.
• Occasional travel required for remote work needs, training, or seminars.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
AAA serves more than 58 million members in the United States and Canada as North America's largest motoring and leisure travel organization, providing its members a full range of travel, insurance, financial and automotive-related services.
Pension; employee discounts.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.