San Jose, CA
Currently looking for an experienced Firmware Engineer to fill an opening with a company located in San Jose, California. Interested candidates should have 6+ years experience in developing tools using Python
Responsibilities for Firmware Engineer
• Develop Python program to interact with SSD FW development tools to run
tests and collect results
• Define and implement existing FW development tool interface protocol
• Develop data parsing programs to extract and parse logging data from SSD
• Develop Windows and/or Linux application to access peripherals through USB,
UART, or Ethernet
• Develop proper Python wrappers for existing build and debug tools API
• Develop build, debug and parsing tools for SAS or NVMe products
• Evaluate the quality of debugging applications to improve firmware quality.
Requirements for Firmware Engineer
• BSEE or equivalent required
• In depth knowledge and extensive experience with embedded firmware
• Expertise in the use of scripting languages, programming tools and
• Extensive experience programming in Python
• Experience in the storage industry in SSD, HDD, storage systems, or a related
• Understanding of storage interfaces including ideally PCIe/NVMe, SATA, or SAS
• Experience with NAND flash and other non-volatile storage
• Ability to work independently with a minimum of day-to-day supervision
• Experience with team leadership and/or supervising junior engineers and
• Ability to work in a cross functional team and under the pressure of multiple
• Hands-on experience with JTAG/ICE debuggers such as Lauterbach and
protocol analyzers such as LeCroy is preferred.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.