Designs, codes, tests, documents and maintains applications to meet ERCOT business needs based on the ERCOT defined Software Development Life Cycle. Works closely with customers, business area subject matter experts, team members and other internal technical teams to design, develop and maintain complex ERCOT applications in support of market needs and internal corporate requirements. Uses toolsets that adhere to the frameworks of the technical stack used across the Application Services division and ensures that products and solutions comply with the organization’s architectural standards. The Applications Developer works with ERCOT business partners to design, develop and support complex business applications and tools.
•Understands the basic principles, theories and concepts related to the profession and learns how to apply them within the ERCOT culture.
•Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
•Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
• Learns to understand business and customer requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions
• Under supervision participates in all phases of product development lifecycle, including the analysis, design, test and integration of products
• Helps develop design specifications and parameters that are in compliance with products’ architectural blueprints
• Helps research, evaluate and incorporate new technology and tools to enhance the product development process
• Resolves customer complaints with products and responds to suggestions for improvement and enhancements
• May assist in development of product user manuals
• Assists in defining the overall technical development goals of the team
• Assists with providing code statistics, development metrics (i.e. development cycle time), and assisting in the implementation and maintenance of a standardized development methodology
• Interfaces with several key groups in the company to ensure quality product delivery (example, project managers, application and technical architects, usability engineers, other development groups, business end users, and external users as appropriate)
• Maintains and may enhance proficiency in key technical areas
Level 2 – Above +
• Conducts all phases of product development lifecycle, including the analysis, design, testing and integration of products
• Participates in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations
• Supplies input and insight in development of product user manuals
• Provides code statistics, development metrics (i.e. development cycle time), and assisting in the implementation and maintenance of a standardized development methodology
• Conducts component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, and product evaluation
• Researches, evaluates and incorporates new technology and tools to enhance the product development process
• Develops and revises product user manuals
• Gives advice and recommendations to management for the overall technical development goals of the web team
• Advises and guides several key groups in the company to ensure quality product delivery (example, project managers, application and technical architects, usability engineers, other development groups, business end users, and external users as appropriate)
• Expands technical proficiency in key technical areas
•Requires minimum 2 years related work experience in excess of degree requirements
•Minimum of 5 years experience in UI development
•Proficient in:◦Angular 2+
•Bachelor's Degree : Computer Science or related field (Required)
•or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge to a major in such fields is required
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) manages the flow of electric power to 24 million Texas customers - representing about 90 percent of the state's electric load. As the independent system operator for the region, ERCOT schedules power on an electric grid that connects more than 46,500 miles of transmission lines and 550 generation units. ERCOT also performs financial settlement for the competitive wholesale bulk-power market and administers retail switching for 7 million premises in competitive choice areas. ERCOT is a membership-based 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation, governed by a board of directors and subject to oversight by the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Legislature. ERCOT's members include consumers, cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities (transmission and distribution providers), and municipal-owned electric utilities.
Competitive Benefits Package to include a 401K contribution of 10% of salary for all employees and also matches 75% of the employee contribution up to 6% of pay.
Phone screen with Recruiter, Technical interview with Hiring Manager, and Onsite interview with Hiring team.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.