LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. 2nd FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW. No exceptions
Location: Princeton, NJ
Type: Contract until May 1, 20 with possibility of extension
Please submit updated resume to email@example.com, 732-783-4138
Front End Developer/Themer
The Front -End Developer/Themer is responsible for implementing visual designs and layouts within the WDS Drupal 8 base theme. This position requires expertise in HTML, CSS, and JS. The best candidate has a solid understanding of industry coding trends and content management systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Implement highly-usable, responsive CMS-driven websites—based on approved flat design mock-ups—in collaboration with back-end developers and visual designers
● Develop a deep understanding of the WDS Drupal 8 base theme and use CSS to add customization as needed.
● Optimize designs for usability and browser/device compatibility. Conduct thorough browser testing using BrowserStack and a local VM.
● Perform light site building tasks in a GUI, such as setting up pages, menus, layouts, content views, and taxonomies
● Follow organizational project management methodologies and technologies
● Maintain positive working relationships with and provide service and support to individuals from diverse backgrounds
● Learn quickly and demonstrate knowledge of new techniques and best practices in web design and development
● Demonstrate creative, out-of-the-box thinking and willingness to experiment
● Intermediate experience in Drupal theming, Drupal 8 knowledge a bonus.
● Familiarity with frameworks such as Bootstrap
● Software: Sketch, Figma or Adobe Design XD is preferred
● A minimum of three years of web design experience
● Demonstrated experience in front-end web development, resolving cross-browser and cross-platform issues, and working within a content management system
● Extensive expertise in CSS and HTML, specifically Flexbox
● Ability to understand CSS changes to have consistent style across platforms and browsers
● An online portfolio of website work, preferably including pre-production work displaying user-centered design
● Eye for design consistency, specifically in grid-based structure, web typography, and white space
● Knowledge of UX/UI best practices
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Exceptional attention to detail
● Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate verbally, orally, and visually with diverse customers who possess varying levels of technical proficiencies
● Demonstrated knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques
● Familiarity with WCAG 2.0 Level AA and general accessibility best practices
● Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, respond to shifting priorities, and work under deadline pressures
● Willingness and enthusiasm for learning new technologies and techniques that support evolving needs
● Ability to confidently present work and maintain receptiveness to constructive feedback
● Ability to work as part of a team in an open, shared space environment
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.