Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
NCBI is the world’s premier biomedical center hosting over four million daily users in search of clinical, genetic and other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health – at NCBI you can literally help cure cancer faster! NCBI’s wide range of applications, platforms (node, python, Django, c++, you name it) and environments (big data [petabytes], machine learning, multiple clouds) serve more users than almost any other US Government Agency.
You will join NCBI’s team of web developers and software engineers to build robust, flexible web applications, APIs, and services. This role calls for more than an expert coder and architect – someone fluent in modern UI design and usability principles, who can work equally effectively with user researchers, designers, product managers, scientists, security and DevOps engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Build robust, performant, user-facing web applications in python/Django supporting millions of daily users
• Develop, create, and ship new functionality for user interaction and scientific data visualization, using modern APIs and frameworks
• Work as an integral part of an agile product team to deliver an unbelievably great user experience
• Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
• The successful candidate is self-initiated, intuitive, and possesses technical and business acumen
• BS in Computer Science or scientific field (engineering, physics), or equivalent experience
• Proficient with one of the current languages: Python, Kotlin, Java, C++, C#, Ruby, etc.
• Familiarity with relational databases
• Experience with Angular and TypeScript
• Familiarity with search backends, such as Solr
• Semantic markup and modern web layout techniques
• Selenium testing
• Adept at agile techniques and practices
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran statu
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Dovel Technologies advances the mission of its customers in health, life sciences, and information management through the integration of technology and domain expertise to deliver technology solutions for highly complex and data-driven environments.
PL/SQL, SQL, NoSQL, AWS, Bash, Powershell, Python, Groovy, Docker
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.