The ideal candidate will be able to jump right into a software engineering role. Looking for a strong character who is very assertive and articulates technology well. This person need to understand the buzzwords not just say / use them. This person should have a focus on performance and needs to know how to build a complete application from the DB through to the front end work with nothing more than a conceptual understanding and visual designs as needed. They should have a passion in learning new technologies, innovating and driving change, and collaborating other developers.
- Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Mentor and raise the game for teammates in all areas
- Full participation in the Agile Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion!
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc)
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- You’re a tinkerer and love technology - Myo, Amazon Echo, Arduino and IoT, AR/VR, Creative Coding; you like hackathons and innovation sprints!
Position Provides Exposure To:
- Back End Skills: Microservices, REST, GraphQL, Node.js, JVM (Java - Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.), Database (Postgres, MySQL, etc.).
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Services (S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc), Terraform, Chef, Docker, Ansible.
- Automation Testing: Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus
- Build Tools: maven, gradle, grunt, gulp, git, npm, yarn, lein, boot, Xcode
- Bachelor Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of Software Development experience
- 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- 2 years of experience with No SQL database
- 4 -7 years of experience developing & sustaining enterprise software/services.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug plans, with full coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents; professional development programs; onsite gym, 5 spectacular cafeterias, multiple meeting spots, whiteboard walls, many TV rooms (Texas office); work for a company that thinks and works like a tech company, using their digital fluency to transform everything about the customer experience.
To bending data to Capital One's will, and turning a stodgy industry on its head, which is reflected in their ranking as the number one business technology innovator in the US in the 2016 InformationWeek Elite 100; work for a company that's changing banking for good—and helping people live their best lives. As they build one of America’s leading information-based technology companies, they'll continue to dream, disrupt, and deliver a better way for their customers, the financial industry, and each other. Relentless innovation is their way of life. Make it yours at Capital One.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.