Full Stack Software Engineer with Geocent (Mid to Senior Level)
US Citizens Only - Positions will require ability to gain a Public Trust clearance
Hiring terms: Direct-hire, FTE
Job Locations: US-VA-Mclean | US-DC-Washington | US-VA-Arlington | US-VA-Fairfax | US-LA-New Orleans | US-SC-Charleston | US-AL-Huntsville | US-CA-San Diego
Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The selected candidate will support Agile Application Development technologies and capabilities in the areas of software development. This effort will support the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Will work within a fast-paced Agile team contributing and collaborating within your scrum team on a daily basis.
- Analyze software requirements and provide solutions. Perform analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions.
- Provide consultation and support services for the full life cycle of software product development.
- These activities will include communication with the user community during requirements analysis, prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems.
- Evaluate new software products and technologies and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems or build new ones.
- Provide software development support for the prototyping of analytical tools, data management and user interfaces to databases, and computational utilities.
- Must be able to pass a DHS Suitability (Public Trust) clearance to start work (clearance process covered; typically takes 3-8 weeks on avg. to obtain clearance)
- Minimum 4 or more years' professional software development experience
- Full Stack Development capabilities
- Demonstrated experience with secure development, coding, engineering
- Strong experience with Java/J2EE development with Spring MVC/REST/Data/Boot, JUnit and JPA
- Proficiency with either Angular2+ or React.js
- Experience with TypeScript and/or EcmaScript
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration environment
- Strong experience working with AWS tools and environments
- Experience with RDBMS
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
Bonus Skills/Experience (not required):
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Deep Learning technologies and development with Python or other similar languages for ML work. (Ideal for Arlington location)
- Experience writing End to End Function UI Automated Tests using: Selenium, Nightwatch, Jasmine...etc.
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with OpenShift PaaS using Docker
- Automated Test-Driven Development (ATDD) tools using Selenium, Cucumber
- Kafka/JMS and messaging tools
- Additional Desired: Liquibase, Flyway, ElasticSearch, Solr/Lucene, Cucumber
- Previous experience with Department of Homeland Security
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
The Geocent family changes the world by creating unique technical to solve the nation’s most challenging problems. Come join Geocent to be a part of a positive culture as we strive towards Enabling Our Warfighters, Protecting the Homeland, Enabling Deep Space Exploration, Serving Our Veterans, Securing the Infrastructure, and Building the Cloud.
Geocent offers exciting and bold opportunities in information technology and engineering fields. We serve a diverse group of clients nationwide while staying true to our company culture. That’s why we offer a comprehensive package of benefits and perks aimed at assisting and supporting our employees professionally and personally.
For More Information, Visit https://www.geocent.com/careers/
• Ruby on Rails
• Team Managed Deployments
• Data Analytics
• Machine Learning
• Continuous Integration
• Data Scientists
• Elastic Search
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.