Interested in being part of a small founding team, so you can see your direct impact on improving the healthcare industry? Want to help build an actuarial automation platform from the ground up that fulfills this vision?
Validate Health is an early stage healthcare analytics company at the forefront of national provider payment reform. Validate was founded by a healthcare actuary from the largest medical records vendor who became a prominent thought leader in the transition to value based care and an alumnus from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services serving as the healthcare data liaison between government and industry. As the actuarial advisor to the National Association of ACOs (NAACOS), Validate Health is at the center of national provider payment reform and the application of cutting-edge actuarial techniques to value-based care. Validate is now building its analytics platform that encompasses the accumulated wisdom of its experts and clients, in order to empower medical organizations to manage their own financial risk, while improving the clinical outcomes of their patients. We're looking for talented and driven contributors to join our team and be a part of this important moment in the healthcare industry.
This position is for actuaries who want to be at the forefront of provider payment reform and use modern programming languages to work with large datasets and automate actuarial modeling. You’ll get to play a key role in shaping the delivery of powerful data-driven products that enable sustainable value-based healthcare models.
▪ Perform economic feasibility assessments using market-wide comparative datasets
▪ Use actuarial forecasting techniques to estimate shared savings/losses
▪ Provide guidance to C-suite executives on the financial implications of regulatory and contractual changes
▪ Work with granular claims data using SQL to analyze areas for medical expense and risk score improvements
▪ Program mathematical modeling techniques in Python/R including regression, Markov Chains, and bayesian methods to solve problems in healthcare
The ideal candidate would have:
▪ Actuarial Science degree from a Society of Actuaries (SOA) recognized Actuarial Science program. PhD, Master’s or Bachelors with history of academic accomplishments.
▪ Two experience levels available:
— 5+ years of full-time experience in healthcare as well as an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) credential.
— Recent university graduate with Actuarial Science degree from an SOA recognized Actuarial Science program as well as at least 3 passed actuarial exams
▪ Demonstrated mastery working with large datasets and SQL databases
▪ Strong expertise performing statistical modeling using R and/or Python to run regression, markov chain, survival, forecasting and bayesian models
▪ Ability to analyze complex financial problems and strategically engineer optimal financial solutions
▪ Writing and communication skills to simply articulate optimal solutions to complex problems in healthcare finance
▪ Interest in acquiring deep expertise in provider payment reform, value-based care and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
▪ Aptitude, attitude, curiosity and grit that shines in a startup environment
▪ Currently living in or have the ability to relocate to Chicago, Illinois or surrounding area
EVEN BETTER IF...
Extra credit if you also have any of the following:
▪ Experience in a government, insurance or consulting role developing innovative solutions to problems in healthcare
▪ Demonstrated subject matter expertise in financial engineering or administering provider payment arrangements e.g. ACOs, bundled payments, capitation payments
▪ Understanding and record of working with healthcare claims data and codesets
▪ Can provide detailed actuarial case studies solved by using well-written code in SQL, Python and/or R code
▪ Can share published articles or written healthcare industry thought leadership pieces
THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU IF...
▪ You don’t want to work with healthcare providers and ACOs and would rather work for insurers, self-funded employers or government health plans
▪ You don’t like programming using languages such as SQL, Python and/or R to manage large datasets and automate actuarial analyses
▪ You like working in a rigid corporate environment versus a nimble startup culture
▪ We offer a salary that grows with the company and health coverage.
▪ Actuarial students are eligible to receive financial assistance through the SOA exam process.
▪ Credentialed actuaries receive financial assistance for ongoing licensing and membership fees as well as continuing education support.
▪ You also get free lunch, coffee, drinks and beer. Friday happy hours.
▪ Fun, energetic and rewarding learning environment.
▪ Conveniently located in the Merchandise Mart in the Chicago Loop.
▪ Send in your latest resume to careers+indeed@ValidateHealth.com. We will only consider candidates who apply this way.
▪ Write a note explaining what makes you particularly interested in Validate and this position specifically.
▪ Feel free to include any links that you feel speak to who you are and your capabilities, such as to LinkedIn, GitHub, publications, blog or portfolio.
▪ Add “VH Health Actuary via Indeed” to subject line.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Validate Health is an early stage healthcare analytics company on a mission to improve accessibility to healthcare by enabling medical organizations to operate at stable and sustainable financial models.
Free lunch, coffee, drinks, and beer; Friday happy hours; fun, energetic, and rewarding learning environment.
Python, Anaconda stack (Jupyter Notebook, NumPy, Pandas, MatPlotLib/Bokeh, SciPy, scikit-learn), Postgres, AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Redshift)
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.