Kelmar has an immediate opening for a Helpdesk Support Specialist. This position could be located in any of our offices: Wakefield MA, Rockland MA, or Wilmington DE. The Helpdesk Support Specialist provides technical support to employees at multiple sites via telephone, in person and through remote dial-up via helpdesk support software. The Helpdesk Support Specialist troubleshoots hardware and software application issues, installs and upgrades software, and repairs computer equipment. This individual should be organized and reliable with the ability to multi-task and prioritize issues while possessing a professional demeanor. This individual must be able to communicate concisely and clearly to a varied user base.
Duties & Skills Required:
• Receive technical support calls via helpdesk support software
• Troubleshoot desktop hardware and application software issues
• Software installation and support of commercial software and related upgrades
• Update solutions database with applicable resolutions
• Problem solving, hardware/software installation and configuration based on computing standards, and client support for all network and desktop
• Assist with setting up new users in Active Directory
• Installs and configures computers, monitors, and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware
• Maintains, upgrades and repairs PCs/laptops and Window desktop applications for all systems
• Keep abreast of current technology through self-study
• Some travel required
Proficient use and troubleshooting skills in the following areas:
• Windows 7
• MS Office 2007; including Visio
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Mobile Devices
• Local / Network Printer Support
• Adobe Acrobat
• Remote Access (VPN) Troubleshooting
• Internet Explorer & Firefox
• Cisco Telephony
• Polycom Video Conferencing
Experience with the following is a plus:
• Windows 10
• MS Office 2016
• Sophos AntiVirus
• Cisco Jabber
Education & Experience:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years’ experience in information technology or a related field and 1-2 years of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the job as listed above.
• Proven expertise troubleshooting PCs in Windows architectures with proven familiarity with Active Directory
• Experience using helpdesk tracking software
• Certifications Desired: A+, Microsoft MCP
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Good interpersonal skills, customer service, communication and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-location office with a varied user base.
• Self-managed, highly motivated and have a strong drive for results
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail is critical
• Must be available to be on-call one week per month
• Must be able to multi-task
• Must be able to travel 10%
• Will be required to work off hours and some weekends
• Previous experience working in an auditing/accounting environment is a plus
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
The rewards for this position are many. We offer a great working environment that provides for work/life balance and an excellent compensation and benefits package, including tuition reimbursement. Kelmar provides training and the opportunity for career advancement. Apply now to join our growing team.
Kelmar Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.