Incident Response Expert Level (III, and IV)
(We are in the late stages of a proposal for a cybersecurity contract (Hunt and Incident Response Team services) and are looking to identify potential candidates. The job will not be active until late 2019, early 2020.)
• Serves as hunt and incident response subject matter expert (SME), possessing in-depth knowledge on subjects relating to the conduct, activities, or operation of NCCIC HIRT in a surge capacity
• Provides extensive technical knowledge and analysis of exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective development and implementation of solutions
• Provides technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems
• Works independently without supervision
• Possesses understanding and has wide experience in the application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the required technical field, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
• Provides technical expertise in a particular area of IT (e.g., Information Systems Architecture, Host Systems Analysis, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Network Systems management, etc.) or a specific NCCIC HIRT functional area (e.g., incident management, network analysis, host analysis, etc.)
(Minimum 7-9 years of technical experience in the area of expertise with a High school diploma; or a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline in the area of expertise from an accredited college or university in and with 5-7 years of technical experience in the area of expertise)
Proficiency at level III includes all core competencies mentioned above in addition to:
• Provides expert support, analysis, and research with only broad direction into exceptionally complex problems and processes relating to the subject matter as it relates to hunt and incident response activities
• Serves as technical expert on high-level incident response teams providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives
• Works under only general direction, thinks independently, and demonstrates superior written and oral communications skills
• Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions and develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives
• Contributes to the completion of specific incident response deployments when performing surge support
(10+ years of technical experience in the area of technical expertise with a High school diploma; or a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline in the area of expertise from an accredited college or university in and with 8+ years of technical experience in the area of expertise)
Proficiency at level IV includes all skills defined at Level III in addition to the following:
• Guides the completion of hunt and incident response activities
• With no direction, provides expert support, analysis, and research into exceptionally complex problems and processes relating to the subject matter as it relates to hunt and incident response activities
• Serves as a technical expert on executive-level incident response teams providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives
• Thinks independently and demonstrates exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of an assignment or task at hand
• Independently develops technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
• Guides the successful completion of major onsite deployments and assists leadership when performing surge support
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.