• Investigate potential cyber-attacks and intrusion attempts
• Leverage aggregated cyber threat intelligence, log, network flow, and anomaly data for analysis, research and the identification of potential compromise within AIG’s infrastructure or applications
• Perform root cause analysis to identify gaps and provide technical and procedural recommendations that will reduce AIG’s exposure to cyber-risks
• Prioritize incoming requests to minimize risk exposure and ensure the timely completion of critical tasks and the escalation of time-sensitive issues
• Support the development and maintenance of documented play-book procedures, knowledge articles, and training material
• Create detailed incident and analysis reports, and provide concise summaries for management
• Communicate effectively with other stakeholders of our incident response efforts, including representatives of the business units, technology specialists, vendors, and others
• Contribute to our efforts to drive continuous improvement by recommending and collecting various key metrics for reporting to senior management on Incident Response
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• An understanding of cyber security operations processes, procedures, guidelines and solutions, including practical experience of cyber kill chain principles
• In-depth understanding of Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems, networking, malware defenses, and perimeter controls
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and core Internet protocols such as UDP, ICMP, DNS, FTP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, etc.
• Ability to contribute to the development of SIEM use cases
• Strong oral and written communications skills (e.g., technical writing, user guide development, requirements analysis) and ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, as well as present in front of small and large groups
• Understanding of how to read and interpret malware analysis reports
• Self-starter with a sense of urgency who takes ownership and responsibility for service delivery
• Works independently with minimal guidance to drive projects to completion, while also working collaboratively with the team to achieve strategic goals
• Professional, clear, and concise communication to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, prioritization, and consultative skills
• Proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization), and also employ a rigorous process for all follow-up / coordination activities
• Position requires access to highly sensitive confidential material. Integrity and discretion are mandatory
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment, balancing multiple incidents, special projects, and other activities
• Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the business including both technical and non-technical staff, management and senior leadership
• Willingness to support and develop junior team members while also delivering on candidate’s own responsibilities
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience is preferred
Candidates should have experience with security monitoring, event and anomaly analysis and intrusion detection/prevention techniques
The analyst will be expected to perform shift work as part of a 24x7 global team, occasionally requiring weekend and off-hours work.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
AIG and its member companies form one of the world’s leading insurance organizations. We provide insurance for businesses and individuals, helping individual customers plan for their futures by offering life insurance, travel insurance, product warranty, auto insurance and retirement products. Our commercial clients have come to rely upon our risk expertise and financial strength to help them address some of their most complex challenges – from huge construction projects to protecting themselves from the emerging threats to data security. We offer our people the chance to grow in a dynamic company that values teamwork, fresh perspectives, and a commitment to helping their clients.
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, The “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
AIG utilizes a wide range of technologies across multiple platforms. Our core businesses use Java, .NET, Node.js, and AngularJS program languages. We also leverage package solutions such as SAP, WorkDay and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
Our interview process varies by position but you can typically expect to have a preliminary discussion with the recruiter, followed by technical interviews with the hiring team.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.