RJR Solutions, Inc. is a full-service, computer-consulting firm. We use our more than 20 years of experience, coupled with proven solutions, to provide our clients with the competitive edge technology can offer. RJR Solutions has very close and long-lasting relationships with its diverse client base, which includes the following industries: real estate, manufacturing/distribution, retail, legal, accounting, financial services, medical, entertainment and more. We support small to mid-sized businesses in our area.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time IT Support Specialist with a minimum of 5 years' experience here in our Morristown office. Hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with occasional after hours requested. This is a position with upward mobility for the right candidate. If you’re interested to work in a non-corporate environment within a laid-back small office and have the qualifications listed below, send us a cover letter along with your resume today.
• Aid clients on incoming IT help requests via phone and remote access
• Document all pertinent client information when working with an end user
• Efficiently work within our internal CRM software, including managing/maintaining all service orders, client records, and projects
• Occasional travel to client sites within a 20-30-mile radius to perform hardware/software installation, resolve IT issues that cannot be resolved remotely, and other various items
• Troubleshoot issues with client workstations, servers, networking infrastructure (i.e. routers, WAPs, switches, etc.), printers, email, backup, applications, etc.
• Access resources online to aid in problem resolution
• Learn appropriate software/ hardware used and supported by our company
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
• Perform post-resolution follow-ups to client
• Develop help documentation and knowledge base articles for end users
• Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position
Knowledge & Experience
• Strong experience with Routers/WAPs/Switches (i.e., SonicWall, WatchGuard, Netgear)
• Working knowledge of VPN, firewalls, and security
• Strong experience performing hardware installation and issue resolution
• Strong desktop support and implementation skills for Windows 7 through Windows 10, Mac OSX
• Working knowledge of peripherals (printers, scanners, copiers, etc.)
• MS Office products skills
• Office365 Email knowledge a plus
• Windows servers (2008/2012/2016/2019)
(some server installation/maintenance experience preferred)
• Network troubleshooting
• Help Desk experience and managing service orders
• Project Management a plus
• People-oriented and enthusiastic positive attitude
• Ability to explain technical details in laymen’s terms
• Highly self-motivated and ability to prioritize
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to troubleshoot IT issues quickly and efficiently
• Ability to document and attention to detail a MUST
• Strong organizational skills a MUST
• Excellent communication skills (both verbally and written) a MUST
• Five years’ recent work-related experience
• A valid New Jersey driver's license and a reliable car since this position entails traveling to client sites throughout central and northern NJ
• Health Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Sick days
We are looking for someone to join our staff in our office, so if you are looking for a telecommuting position, do not apply.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
RJR Solutions is a technology solutions provider focused on maximizing the productivity of their clients.
Start with phone call interview and, if that goes well, progress to in-person for a second interview.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.