IT Administrator/Manager – Microsoft and Unix
Job ID: IT ADMIN
Position Type: Full Time
Location: San Jose, CA
Annual Salary Range: DOE
Experience Level: 10+ years
Education Level: B.S. in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
Travel Amount: Up to 15%
This position’s main and daily duty encompasses the following:
MS Administration – The position will be responsible for designing, architecting, deploying and supporting secure, highly available Microsoft networks. Position will be responsible for owning/managing the Corporate Network, including supporting MS Exchange, Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems.
Candidate should understand
- Firewall concepts,
- Create policies and secure internal systems, have knowledge of security best practices.
- Be able to configure Cisco routers; BGP, OSPF, ACL, Cisco ASA VPN,
- Have in depth knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Exchange,
- In addition: DNS, DHCP, Redhat, Fedora, Solaris, FreeBSD, Apache webserver, Sharepoint 2007, Symantec Antivirus 11x, Veritas NetBackup 6.5,
- Managing employee and C-level desktop and laptops, including configuration and help desk support
UNIX/LINUX – UNIX knowledge to support the UNIX based engineering organization is a must.
Data Center Lab and IT Asset / Vendor Administration – Position will be responsible for ownership/management of the Company IT Assets, IT Vendors and the Company Data Center / Lab; including:
- Deployment of equipment within the DC/Lab and proper cabling, labeling and tracking
- IT inventory management
- IT vendor management
- Remote access management
- Virtual Data Center management
The ideal candidate is a senior engineer whose long-term goal is to become an integral part of the organization, and continue to learn and grow professionally. In order to be considered for this position, we require that you are able to work in a demanding environment and carry a cell phone after hours for access.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
ADARA Networks creates production-ready and vendor-neutral software for networking, virtual computing and networking solutions.
Stock in company.
Phone screen with recruiter; phone interview with hiring manager; onsite interview.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.