Established in 1946, with headquarters in Washington, D.C., American Institutes for Research (AIR) is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance both domestically and internationally. As one of the largest behavioral and social science research organizations in the world, AIR is committed to empowering communities and institutions with innovative solutions to the most critical challenges in education, health, workforce, and international development.
AIR’s Information Technology (IT) organization provides technology services for clients both inside and external to AIR. IT maintains professional-grade data and hosting centers that are supported by a team of engineers monitoring the continuous operations of the network, including servers, security, and applications. Internally, IT provides a wide variety of services that include electronic mail, collaboration, networking, business-specific data base applications, and technical support for applications and web-site developers. Externally, IT delivers web hosting services with rigorous security requirements that satisfy industry standards. AIR is currently looking for a Systems Engineer for its Washington, DC office.
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and other technical documentation for operational tasks.
• Provide day-to-day operational support of our IT infrastructure environment.
• Develops and maintains a working knowledge on a wide range of Enterprise applications and systems to include Active Directory, IIS, SQL, Office 365 administration, email security.
• Follow security best practices that will assist in maintaining a stable and highly secure IT environment.
• Work directly and effectively with other teams in troubleshooting problems and finding solutions.
• Utilize ticketing system ticket queue to address all server and application issues in a timely manner, recording solutions, and escalating tickets as required.
• Manage complex problems through to a successful conclusion.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience in the IT industry, or a Master’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience.
• Experience designing, architecting, provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on VMWare/VCenter environment
• Strong knowledge and work experience Microsoft Azure preferred
• Strong knowledge and experience with installation, administration, troubleshooting of Windows Operating Systems and Linux (Red Hat, Suse)
• Ability to understand and analyze complex issues and information relating to database management.
• Excellent documentation and communication skills, a proactive and detail-oriented approach, a strong team-oriented attitude, and the ability to establish work priorities are required.
• Passion for the craft with a demonstrated ability to learn and understand the technology both at a high level and at a detailed level.
Additional Qualifications: (not required)
• Experience with vulnerability scanning and remediation using security tools like Tenable Security Center.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. As a result of our continued growth, we are currently seeking technical professionals for our Washington, D.C. office.
Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
Advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
Mobile support for the user interfaces
Learning management systems with social media features
User interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
Innovative, machine-scorable items
Free beverages; family events; tuition aid program.
C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Python, Java, C/C++, SQL, HTML5, CSS, Java
After completion of the applicable technical prescreenng assessment, you will complete an initial phone interview with a recruiter. Following this will be a 30 min phone interview with the team and should there be continued interest, an onsite interview will be confirmed.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.