BUSINESS UNIT: Corporate DATE: September 20, 2019
FUNCTION: Information Technology To be completed by Human Resources
DEPT/SECTION: Corporate Information Technology JOB CODE:
BUS. APPROVAL: GRADE:
NAME: J. Davis COMPENSATION APPROVAL:
TITLE: VP, IT PMO & IT Transformation
POSITION TITLE: Manager, IT Portfolio Management
REPORTS TO: VP, IT PMO & IT Transformation
Responsible for the ongoing governance and operation of Project Portfolio Management functions as part of the Office of the CIO (OCIO). This is inclusive process ownership, analysis and reporting, and operations of demand management, portfolio management and project management processes and capabilities. This requires ongoing and regular interactions with senior IT leadership and their teams globally.
• Own IT PPM and PMO processes, including ongoing reassessment, maintenance and simplification efforts. Drive development, rollout and training for any new processes and coordinate with process owners in other domains / functions.
• Work with the Enterprise PMO to govern an effective and integrated Project Portfolio Management (PPM) process to ensure enterprise-wide project approvals and planning are aligned with the organization’s core strategies.
• Work with the IT Business Partner (IT BP) teams, PMO teams, and IT Delivery teams to ensure that the processes for identifying, gathering, documenting and managing changes for global IT project demand is comprehensive and meets their needs while not creating unnecessary administrative burden.
• Drive ongoing improvements and streamlining of our PPM and PMO processes.
Analysis and Reporting
• Through the Office of the CIO (OCIO), coordinate with the senior IT leadership including IT Business Partner teams, PMO teams and IT Delivery teams to generate portfolio performance reporting for business unit and corporate stakeholders.
• Coordinate with Daptiv team and Changepoint to ensure we are optimizing the use of our reporting and analytics tools in conjunction with Daptiv functionality and capabilities.
• Design standard and ad-hoc reports and dashboards based on diverse needs and objectives, synthesizing reporting requirements based on input from multiple stakeholders.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis and support for IT PPM organization and OCIO as required.
• Drive ongoing improvements and enhancements to our analysis and reporting capabilities.
• Lead the recurring global Enterprise Demand Review Board(s) meetings. Coordinates, as needed, in review processes at all levels of the organization.
• Facilitate the execution of project portfolio-based changes by working collaboratively with the global PMO Directors and their teams. Regularly monitor and report trends and statistics on these changes.
• Lead the execution of the process (on an annual basis or more frequently as determined by OCIO) to collect, prioritize and organize project portfolio demand and eventually convert to an approved project portfolio.
• Mentor program and project managers on key PM processes and PPM tool usage. Support the PMO Director in matters of financial and health reporting and with data quality
• Ability to build strong relationships across the global organization and bridge open communication across teams
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence without authority.
• Strong negotiation and team-building skills with the ability to create consensus around decisions and resolve conflicts among diverse audiences.
• Continually drives for alignment of portfolio stakeholders around decisions and open items.
• Strong track record of delivering on commitments
• Team player – proven ability to work with employees at various levels of the organization.
• Strong financial acumen and understanding of IT project financials
• Strong analytical skills (including data analysis) and demonstrated problem solver.
• Strong communication and presentation skills and capable of presenting to and facilitating meetings with senior IT and business leaders.
• Commitment and track record of continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities.
• Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to cultural diversity in a global business environment.
• Experience in creating data visualizations. Prior experience with Power BI a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science required: Advanced or graduate degree (MBA or other) is a plus.
• 5+ years of portfolio management experience, preferably in a large, global organization.
• 5+ years of program and/or project management experience, preferably in a large, global organization
• Experience with multiple project management frameworks and methodologies including both Agile and Waterfall (SAFe Agile is a plus).
• Portfolio Analytics experience -- strong background in portfolio analytics including what/if scenario creation and change impact analyses, with a focus on financial reporting.
• This position may require domestic and international travel.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.