Equinox Consulting Partners is seeking an IT Security Architect for a position in Chester, VA. This position will provide technical oversight for the protection of Commonwealth data.
Cyber security threats continue to grow in both the number of attacks against the Commonwealth as well as sophistication of attacks. Commonwealth Security and Risk Management does not have a sufficient number of security architects to review systems designs to ensure that existing systems as well as systems under development meet the Commonwealth Security Standard. The security architect must also research emerging security threats and update the standards for security controls used to protect Commonwealth systems. Unless the Commonwealth hires an additional security architect, Executive Branch agencies will face project delays waiting for design reviews and may deploy systems with design flaws that would place Commonwealth data at risk for theft and/or compromise of infrastructure.
• Comprehensive experience in industry or state (5 years)
• Substantial technical experience in one or more of the following: LAN/WAN networking, Systems Administration of both Windows and Linux based platforms (5 years)
• Substantial technical experience in firewalls, IDS/IPS design and implementation, computer forensic techniques, databases, web and mail servers, and general systems design and operation (5 years)
• Skilled in interpreting complex information and providing informed analysis (5 years)
• Experience performing reviews of proposed changes & projects relative to the security of an IT environment (5 years)
• Comprehensive experience in the development and presentation of information security architecture policies, standards and procedures (5 years)
• Experience in monitoring IT environments for compliance with information security architecture policies and standards (5 years)
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (5 years)
• Proven ability to lead and manage teams and projects and excellent communication and presentation skills (5 years)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.