IT Systems Administrator/T3 Help Desk
U.S. Army Reserve Command
SASMO (Sustainment Automation Support Management Office)
Global Combat Support System 3 – Year Contract - Fort Dix, NJ
The USARC, Deputy Chief of Staff G-4, Systems and Automation Integration Branch is responsible for SIS support to include; New Equipment Fielding, New Equipment Training (NET), functional and technical support and life cycle support of SIS for the USAR. SIS consists of both legacy/bridging Logistics Information Systems and Tactical Enterprise Logistics Systems (TELS) that include: Global Combat Support System - Army (GCSS-A), Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation Enhanced (ULLS-AE), Standard Army Ammunition System – Modernized (SAAS-MOD), Combat Service support Automated Information System Interface (CAISI), Very Small Aperture Satellite (VSAT), and Transportation Coordinators' - Automated Information for Movements System (TC-AIMS). Additionally, the team shall provide functional and technical support for an USAR SIS Hardware Tracking Program. SIS is not a unique system to the USAR, it is a group of systems developed by the Army for automated logistics processes used by all Army components.
• The SASMO provides direct support to the U.S. Army and the Prime Contractor in the Sustainment of USARC systems throughout their life cycle to include:
• Set-up, configure, and install software updates and approved images and fielding of new systems and equipment.
• Ensures help desk tickets, when resolved, contain sufficient and correct verbiage along with appropriate documentation (training bulletins, work-arounds, End User’s Manual Plus (EUM+) links, etc.)
• Complete quality checks and functionality tests.
• Process requests for issue of new systems upon unit level data migration.
• Provide units disposition for displaced legacy systems.
• Utilize the LOGSA, LIW, GCSS-A and USAFMSA website to validate data.
• The SASMO is responsible for providing both client system, hardware, and software technical support, as well as upgrades to all customers within USARC, to include GCSS-A.
• They will assist with maintaining hardware as needed to support client infrastructure and USARC software.
• Maintains knowledge base (including fielding documents for all hardware) and technical training bulletins.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Provide functional and technical support for, but not necessarily inclusive of, the following LIS: GCSS-A, CSS-VSAT, and CAISI 2.0.
• Distribute new Army LIS/equipment to SASMO customers; distribute new Software Packages, Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Incremental Change Packages (ICP) to SASMO customers and maintain Historical Library of System Software and Change Packages.
• Maintain and Issue Logistic Information System (LIS) “Floats”, monitor Contract and Maintenance Support (Warranty/Maintenance Repair), provide User Level LIS Sustainment Training, restore equipment to operation by replacement of line replaceable unit, troubleshoot automation equipment and systems to the degree required for isolation of malfunctions to specific hardware or software.
EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, highly preferred.
• Active Secret Clearance
• Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Will be required to undergo and pass applicable background checks.
• Extensive knowledge of GCSS-A (functional, technical, & networking), VSAT, and Networking.
• Military experience in MOS 92A or 25B.
• Experience as Computer Systems Repair Technician,
• Knowledge of software and hardware on a functional, technical, and managerial level.
• Candidate must meet the Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I requirements by having one of the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, A+ or Network+
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Obsidian Global is a small federal IT Services firm experienced at developing solutions for government clients. We are headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in Bethesda and Colorado. We have 120+ employees nationwide and are ISO and CMMI certified.
In addition to traditional small business healthcare benefits and 401K, we offer an online training platform to increase your skills and certifications for growth. We believe in personal development and good work/life balance. We host happy hours, sporting events, and holiday parties throughout the year. We also partner with event sites, gyms, and other perks to pass along corporate savings to our employees.
Most candidates go through an initial phone screening with the recruiter, then either a phone interview or in-person interview followed by an offer.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.