The Application Developer IV role is to write, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes analyzing requirements, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The Application Developer IV will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide status reports where required.
*Job Description The Application Developer IV role is to write, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes analyzing requirements, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The Application Developer IV will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide status reports where required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
· Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
· Conduct user interviews to gather specifications.
· Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
· Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
· Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
· Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
· Install software products for end users as required.
· Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of applications as necessary.
· Delete code script from applications as necessary.
· Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
· Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
· Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
· Will be expected to perform a variety of complicated tasks and may lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as part of the job performance and will need to rely on judgment and experience to accomplish goals.
Supervises staff – No
Financial Scope – N/A
Organizational Scope – All US locations
Decision Making – Creates policy and resolves problems
* Travel – minimal
*Requirements Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
· Should be an expert in their field and can help and train other more junior developers
· Should have 8+ years of experience and at least 3 years of Java/J2EE Web Development experience in a WebSphere environment particularly in eCommerce development.
· Bachelor degree in the field of computer science or software engineering or equivalent work experience.
· Will work under general supervision and report to a Manager and perform a variety of tasks.
· May lead large projects
· Strong fundamental understanding of application technology and architecture.
· Extensive knowledge developing applications in Java/J2EE environment using JSP, EJB, Tag Libraries.
· Experience in working with web application frameworks (MVC) like Struts, JSF or similar
· Experience in Object Relational Mapping, specifically Hibernate
· Strong understanding of J2EE patterns.
· Good understanding of web servers like Apache
· Good understanding of Web Application servers & Servlet Containers like IBM-WebSphere, Apache-Tomcat etc
· Good understanding of Web Services, RSS Feeds, SOAP Technology etc
· Ability and desire to learn new applications
· Demonstrate strong, problem solving, communication, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
· Ability to conduct research into software related issues.
· Ability to work independently, positively handle conflict, and work in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to troubleshoot software.
· Display detail-oriented approach to work.
· Ability and proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office products. Thorough understanding of relational database and client server concepts.
· Strong functional knowledge.
· Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
· Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
· Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies as adopted by the organization.
· Exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
· Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Technically proficient.
· Highly self motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.