Internal Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Location: London, Heathrow Airport
Additional Benefits: 28 days holiday, pension, healthcare, bonus, discount schemes, free car parking, amongst others
We’re looking for a talented Java Developer like you who shares our passion for creating innovative technology. You’ll be motivated to work on a designing and developing something new; an innovative real-time streaming platform that is considered a key strategic future revenue driver for Amadeus, globally. You’ll be excited about using state-of-the-art technology, you’ll be hungry to unleash your creative thinking and business acumen to create tech that solves complex customer problems. You’ll want to join a global company that’s an industry leader and one that positively supports your career growth, developing you both personally & professionally.
About the Team and the Role
The team who operate in agile scrum methodology, is supportive, fun and entrepreneurial. You’ll play an integral role using your Java expertise to design, develop and maintain a real-time streaming platform, hosted in the cloud, using state of the art technology. This platform touches all segments of our business such as reservations, ticketing, departure control, inventory or even airlines proprietary systems. It allows airlines to react in real-time to their operations, creating and running key use cases in a modern and highly serviceable environment.
What you’ll be doing
As a Java Software Development Engineer, you’ll be in charge of the technical design and delivery of some of the following key components:
• Our real-time data acquisition platform (ETL), leveraging on Kafka and MongoDB to build a powerful, micro-service based, streaming architecture
• Our Rule Engine module based on drools (along with its Angular User Interface) in charge of doing real-time analysis of data streams and triggering operational use cases accordingly
• Our Agility Hub RESTful “Digital API” in JSON
• All components being cloud ready, making the most of Red Hat Openshift technology
All components are cloud ready, making the most of Red Hat Openshift technology.
You’ll have the following technical skills & experiences:
• A degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
• Java (including good JVM understanding)
• Willing to embrace new technologies and bring innovative solutions to leverage them
• Have a solid grasp of scalability, stability and security challenges of a customer-centric, cloud-based application
It’ll be a bonus if you have:
• Experience on streaming platforms Python, drools, Openshift or Scala
• Some knowledge and (ideally) experience in Agile Scrum Methodology
• Amadeus product knowledge
Who we are:
We are a recognized Top UK Employer for 2019 and the number one software provider for the travel industry. Our solutions connect travelers to the journeys they want through travel agents, search engines, tour operators, airlines, airports, hotels, cars and railways. We are 17,000 professionals from over 140 different nationalities with a global mindset and a local presence, wherever our customers need us. We help connect over 1.5 billion people a year to local travel providers in over 190 countries’. Every second, our software processes 75,000+ transactions and boards 40 airline passengers.
Travel powers societal progress. The technology Amadeus creates powers travel. Join us and help us to shape the future of travel.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.