f you are looking to join a growing company with an employee-centered culture focused on exceeding client expectations, Dev Technology is the company for you! We partner with our federal government customers to support mission critical applications that protect and serve our nation. To support this mission, we leverage Agile and DevSecOps principles along with innovative technologies including cloud services, open source software, biometric solutions, and software as a service (SaaS).
As a Washington Post Top Workplace award winner for the past five years, Dev Technology employees enjoy:
• a collaborative & fun team environment
• work/life balance & strong core values
• career development & mentorship program
• competitive pay
• great benefits including 401K matching with immediate vesting
Dev Technology Group is recruiting for Java Application Developers. These team members will be supporting a new project in Alexandria. The selected candidates will be responsible for collaborating with team members and stakeholders to design, develop, and implement applications development solutions that meet the client’s needs. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and in coordination with other team members and other intersecting teams.
• Design, develop, test, and maintain a suite of Java applications
• Be an active member of an Agile development team, responsible for participating in all Agile ceremonies, updating Jira tasks daily and contributing to continual improvement strategies
• Troubleshoot complex issues in production and non-production systems
• Learn new technical skills to meet the needs of the project and our customers
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. The work experience should be supporting Java applications and associated frameworks such as Spring.
• 1 year of development experience using Angular
• 1 year of experience working in an Agile team development environment using Jira or a similar tool
• Experience writing automated unit tests
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to collaborate with team members to ensure client needs and expectations are met or exceeded
• Demonstrates a passion for solving complex software challenges, and enjoys working alongside fellow team members to make that happen
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience working in an automated development environment, using CI/CD tools such as Git, Bamboo, Jenkins, SonarQube
• Experience developing in and deploying to a Cloud environment (such as Amazon Web Services)
• Experience with AngularJS
• Experience with JMS (e.g., IBM MQ, ActiveMQ)
• Experience developing against relational databases (e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with Linux
Clearance: Ability to obtain the required government security clearance (CBP Final). Existing CBP or active Top Secret preferred.
We offer competitive compensation along with excellent benefits in a team-oriented environment. Learn more about us at www.DevTechnology.com.
*Dev Technology Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Dev Technology complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Dev Technology Group provides IT solutions to meet the mission-critical needs of our government clients by leveraging agile and DevSecOps principles along with innovative technologies including cloud services, open source software, biometric solutions, and software as a service (SaaS). Dev Technology believes in exceeding our clients’ expectations through partnership, a commitment to team-work, collaboration, and valuing our employees.
Health, dental, and vision plans; 401K plan; life insurance; disability insurance; PTO; holiday pay employee referral program; service awards; mentorship program; educational assistance; recognition program.
Depending on the project, many Dev Technology employees enjoy working from home one or two days per week.
Microsoft - .Net, Office 365, Azure, Power BI, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, SQL
DevSecOps – AWS, Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Docker, Gradle, Terraform, OS, Kubernetes, Selenium
ITSM – ServiceNow, Remedy
Domain Expertise – Biometrics, IDENT
Databases – Oracle, Mongo, Postgres
Basic phone interview by a Talent Acquisition team member; technical phone interview by the hiring manager and/or technical team member; in-person panel interview.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.