Job Title: Java Software Engineering
Location of role: Saint Louis, MO 63103
Salary or Hourly range: $75/hr Depending on experience DOE
Company relocation - At this time, client will NOT relocate for this role
Company sponsorship - At this time, client will NOT sponsor for this role
Travel: This role may require 0% travel
Duration of role: Direct hire Role - Fulltime
Key Points of the role:
• Java development or equivalent procedural or JVM-based language (5+ years of experience)
• Distributed, event-based systems, especially using Kafka
• REST-based services, or other Web services
• Design (APIs, data models, sequence diagrams, class diagrams)
• Architecture of large software modules, especially extensible components
• Architecture experience with distributed server systems desirable
• Automated integration tests, preferably using an external automation tool
• Relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL, and RDBMS interaction using JDBC and SQL
• NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or CouchDB
• Accessing data on mainframes or through RPC services or MQ would be useful
• Sprint Boot and Spring Security would be plus; OAuth would be a plus also
• Cloud/VM infrastructure and technologies (PCF preferred)
• Agile methodology, using Scrum, Kanban, or similar techniques
• DevOps and continuous integration (CI) using Jenkins and Maven
• Modern IDEs like Eclipse and version control systems like GitHub
Job Description Details:
• Lead one or more platform teams responsible for the design and development of services implementing REST-based APIs and modules to bi-directionally sync with legacy systems.
• Work with and mentor other developers on the team, and conduct code reviews.
• Work with QA team and developers to define and implement test strategy, to ensure quality.
• Work with scrum master to break stories into tasks and provide estimates, and with the team to ensure the development efforts are focused and aligned with stories.
• Work with technical manager(s) and scrum master in communicating status, figuring out sprints and milestones, and aligning sprints to business needs.
• Work with developers, business analysts, scrum masters, and others who are working at a remote location, or virtually.
• Partner with architects to help drive the overall architecture of the data ecosystem, and design services and sync modules to enable rapid development of 75+ services.
• Work with business partners and product owners to drive the adoption of new services and retire the use of legacy services and data stores. Provide technical guidance where needed.
• Ensure the high-availability and low latency of services and sync modules, factoring in performance, scalability, fault tolerance, and observability to enable rapid troubleshooting.
• Lead efforts to define product support procedures; resolve urgent issues in production.
• Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, and guidelines for development and use of complex technology components.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
• 8+ years relevant experience, preferably 2-3 years at or a similar healthcare-related company; less experience required with Master’s degree
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.