Automated Test Engineer
We are currently looking for an Automation Engineer to support one of our commercial engagements. This project is in support of a few eCommerce initiatives (both web and mobile) for a customer who provides pharmaceutical services and will be located in Carrollton, TX. This person will be part of a team that will support multiple platforms with their automation and mobility needs. They will be required to collaborate with many resources with various roles, across our client’s enterprise. They must be established in Test Automation concepts, technologies, and applications so that they can apply innovative solutions to advance business goals.
This position requires familiarity with common programming languages, solution development life cycles, testing tools, test automation, and a strong knowledge of quality management. The team member must be able to translate business requirements, technical specifications and change management documentation in order to develop automated testing strategies.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with team to identify and include automation deliverables within a structured project test plan, including automation test execution strategy, impacted/non-impacted functionality, assumptions, risks and entrance/acceptance criteria
• Maintains existing automated test suite
• Develops test case automation criteria
• Develops functional and regression automation code from test case requirements
• Creates, evaluates and executes automation scripts based on release artifacts during outlined testing cycles (Smoke, Functional, Integration, system, regression, etc.)
• Creates dynamic data-driven test files with valid and invalid data to thoroughly test positive and negative program logic and verify system workflow
• May lead or participate in test plan/strategy reviews and/or reviews automation scripts with appropriate project stakeholder
• Assists in evaluating the environment, conditions, and criteria under which test case automation should occur
• Recommends or specifies manual and automated testing methods and procedures
• Works with external partners, as needed
• Assists with the identification, creation, and maintenance of test data
• May evaluate and make recommendations on automated testing tasks in enterprise-wide processes, such as change and release management
• Identifies and recommends automation/performance process efficiencies
Experience & Requirements:
• 4-6 years of Experience with BDD-Java-Selenium
• Proven 2-4 years of work Experience on test automation tools:
o i.e. UFT, Visual Studio/CodedUI/Tosca/eggPlant/SmartBear
• 2 years of Experience in Mobile Automation Testing tools such as Perfecto, Appium or other mobile testing tools
• Experience working in an Agile methodology
o SAFE certification a plus
• Experience in integrating automation scripts in CI & CD (DevOps) pipeline using Jenkins, Azure etc.
• Experience testing RESTful APIs
• Experience with service layer tools such as SoapUI, POSTMAN, Rest-Assured
• Experience in SQL
• Experience with creating automation frameworks and/or Service-Oriented Architecture(s), including behavior-driven development
• Knowledge of various Agile and DevOps tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Jenkins, TFS, etc. Copado is an added plus
• Familiarity with mobile cross-platform development tools such as Appcelerator and Xamarin.
• Scripting knowledge using Junit, Groovy
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
• Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail
• Ability to resolve project issues effectively and efficiently
• Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.