The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence, a premier sector-focused news and financial information provider, is looking for a DevOps / Release Engineer to join the Release Engineering team in our office.
The Impact: You will apply your technical knowledge and leadership skills to help craft the automation surrounding server configuration and code based continuous integration and deployments that will support our organizations products and services.
The Career Opportunity: This position provides a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally in this role. You will have the chance to create solutions based on industry best practices and use your critical thinking skills to overcome challenges. You will work with a team of highly skilled professionals who are committed to operational excellence.
The Team / The Business: Our Release Engineering team is responsible for engineering automation solutions for application and database code build and deployments, and server configurations. This team interacts with people from a wide variety of backgrounds across the entire organization and are able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe.
• Programmatically automate server configuration, software builds, testing and deployments
• Work with development teams providing deployment services from initial development through production deployments
• Continuously improve and refactor the tools and code our team builds and maintains
• Participate in regular after-hours and weekend production deployments
• Document work for cross-training purposes within the team and craft partner documentation and training
• Work with various teams (DEV, QA, MIS, PMO, Product) in a cross-functional manner
• Regularly attend operations team meetings and project scrum meetings
Experience and proficiency with a variety of System tools including:
• 6+ years experience in automation scripting/programming (PowerShell, Bash, Groovy, Python)
• Experience with continuous integration toolsets (Jenkins, TFS, VSTS, SonarQube, GitHub)
• Experience with container/microservice architecture, configuration and deployments (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience with cloud computing platforms (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure)
• Experience with server configuration automation (SaltStack, Ansible)
• Experience using version control in a collaborative code environment (SVN, GIT)
• Experience troubleshooting code compile issues and exceptions
• Experience administering and troubleshooting server and application issues (Windows, Linux)
• Experience with code dependency management (NuGet, Artifactory)
• Familiarity with Agile and LEAN principles
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. Together, the divisions of S&P Global -- including S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices, and S&P Global Platts -- are the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
Whether it's analyzing data, innovating technology, or developing market insights, we're always looking for intellectually curious, progressive and passionate thinkers to join our team. With over 20,000 employees working across 95 offices around the globe, the diverse and vibrant community at S&P Global is unlike one you’ll find anywhere else.
401K matching; 4 weeks PTO; paternal leave; Tuition refund program; scholarship program for your children; commuter benefits; various discounts on products and services; gym membership discount.
AWS, DevOps, Azure, Kubernetes, Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Python, Linux, C/C++, Java, C#, ASP.NET, Scala, RESTful APIs
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.