Connect with work that matters. Be a part of transforming the healthcare industry!
We are looking for a Lead Developer to join the Developer Software Services team within our Engineering Enablement organization. We deliver the tools and systems that scale the effectiveness of engineering so that developers can spend more time doing what they do best: provide product features to our end users to unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a Developer with the experience and a passion for building tools, systems, and defining best practices to unleash the full potential of your development peers. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of both quickly picking up new technologies and passing on that knowledge to pave the way. You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design & engineering excellence.
The Team: Our Developer Software Services team provides tools and services to enable athenahealth to efficiently develop, test, build, and deploy high quality software.
• Produce and evaluate technical design specifications at the appropriate level of detail
• Understand and follow coding conventions, architectural approaches, and best practices; hold other members of your team accountable for doing so
• Collaborate with and coach team members to promote productivity and effectiveness; share business and technical insights with the broader engineering and product organization
• Develop knowledge to act as a domain expert. Take ownership of what the team builds and collaborate across the organization to ensure alignment towards business goals
• Drive team self-organization; help determine how the team functions, in collaboration with your peers
• 5+ years of software development experience in an Agile Scrum environment; ideally in infrastructure or platform development
• Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language, preferably Python
• Hands-on experience with AWS or Azure
• Working knowledge of CI/CD concepts and microservice-based architecture
• Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
• Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
• Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
• Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee well being such as commuter support, collaborative work spaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.