Lead Web UI Developer
Preferred location: VA Beach
Will consider candidates from other Anthem core locations like Atlanta GA, Mason Ohio, Richmond VA
Serves as the team lead on web application development projects that provide innovative solutions that will enhance our products and provide the best experience for internal and external customers. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for leading the web developers on projects.
• Collaborate with multi-layer disciplinary teams to analyze and identify user requirements, code applications and provide guidance.
• Identify integration points and dependencies.
• Integrating multi-layer complex HTML templates and client-side code with server-side applications and content management systems to create functional and aesthetically pleasing user experiences that integrate cleanly into our existing systems and adhere to our design standards.
• Lead the collaboration efforts with IT counterparts in order to make joint decisions in the best interest of the products.
• Lead SIT and UAT testing to test, debug and troubleshoot web coding to ensure that code is deployable and functional.
• Reduce bugs in our production environment.
• Ensure the development and delivery of responsive experiences for a variety of browsers, operating systems, and screen sizes to create functional and aesthetically pleasing user experience for a variety of platforms.
• Ensure that web applications comply with both our UX and Enterprise brand standards.
• Ensure solutions are sound while adhering to budget, timelines and quality standards.
• Utilizes best practices and broad knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or service.
• Have significant knowledge of our existing systems to ensure that solutions are sound.
• Trains new Developers.
• Requires a BS/BA in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other technical area of study; 2-3 years’ experience in information architecture, usability, mobile/web user interface design/development; and 4 or more years’ experience in client client-side development in the consumer space; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Prefer experience working in an enterprise environment.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• 5 year of experience in SASS and Angular development in a leadership role
• Proven track record of success in developing a sustainable and fluid front-end development architecture
• Leading UI developers within a SAFe environment at the Program level and with System Teams
• Experience in strategic management of an enterprise level Pattern Library
• Strengths in meaningful partnerships, negotiations, and managing change
• Success navigating technology upgrades and digital redesigns with technology and product partners
• Strong application knowledge of A11y compliance in digital UI development
• Experience in release planning and release support
Nice to Have skills:
• Experience in working in Oracle WCS and other enterprise CMS systems
• Experience in virtual teams
• Experience working closely with UX design organizations
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.