We're not your average technology consulting firm; we specialize in making sure our customers are not just operational, but happy with the technology decisions which with we have assisted them.
Are you a personable tech with strong troubleshooting skills? Do you like working with a variety of clients in different industries to keep things interesting? Enjoy helping businesses grow through better use of technology? That's us, too.
Desirable experience includes: customer service / quality assurance, computer hardware/software installation and repair, Windows domain management experience, networking, virus and spyware removal, Outlook troubleshooting, network printer management, and knowing how to setup a proper backup.
Our growing IT consulting firm is based in the South Bay, and we're steadily expanding our operations and entering into management contracts with our always growing client base. We're looking for a qualified, dedicated individual who's ready to grow with us.
Our company has been built on a strong work ethic, a quick response time, and the desire to expand our own technical abilities. Upon hiring, training will be provided in any requested areas.
Desired technical skills are: Windows Server 2008R2 / 2012 R2 / 2016, Office 365, Windows 7/10, and Outlook support. Mac experience is a plus but not required... and a little apathy for both MS and Apple is obviously required! We're in the trenches here! Taking the good with the not so good is part of the job in our industry... but this sure beats corporate IT!
Networking: Ubiquiti (UniFi), Sonicwall, Meraki, and other business/prosumer grade equipment. Bigger firewall experience a plus. Please mention what you've worked with.
Server/Storage: HP and Dell entry to mid-level server offerings, NAS boxes including Synology. System imaging and virtualization experience a plus. Please mention what you've worked with.
Operations: Time tracking / Ticketing experience required. We pay more for billable time, so that ticket upkeep comes with a big reward.
Application and remote monitoring / maintenance: Mention prior tools used, including AV/scripting/backup software/etc - We've used lots, would love to hear what you've used and like/dislike.
Commission will be provided for new sales opportunities, even within our existing client base. If you bring in new clients on your own, commission and residuals are available.
If you've operated as a consultant for another firm - you'll enjoy the difference at our company. If you're currently managing a small client base of friends/family, and want to structure any deal to your existing clients to take advantage of our infrastructure, we're totally up for talking more about it!
If this is your first time in technology consulting or managed service providers, get ready for a great change of pace from the corporate world. We're a collaborative shop here, and nobody is stuck with anything alone.
Drop us a line. Please include a cover letter with some of the above information, as well as your resume. In PDF only, please. DOC/DOCX/ZIP submissions will not be reviewed for security/macro concerns. Thanks!
Job Type: Full-time
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS LEVEL 2 TECH POSITION:
- Prefer a four-year college degree (but not necessary)
- Technical certifications relevant to job description
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems, up to and including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Experience with Windows Server environments including server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
- Experience with Windows Active Directory environments and management thereof
- Experience with Microsoft Office application troubleshooting
- Minimum of two years of experience in client facing roles
- Experience with networking and network troubleshooting
• Respond to customer requests in a timely manner with status and or estimated time to resolution
• Engage upper level support if issue cannot be resolved in the first hour
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of assigned client’s systems
• Completes all aspects of assigned projects in an efficient and timely manner
• Provides clear communication to the client and staff regarding status of issues
• Performs new hardware and software set up for end users
• Troubleshoots customer hardware and software
• Performs tasks assigned by Senior Technology Consultants and staff
• Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times while acting as primary point of contact for clients, employees, contractors, and staff
• Direct the work of others as necessary in the performance of these duties
• Exercise extensive discretion and independent judgment in the performance of these functions
• Observes all safety and other work rules
• Work under minimal to no direct supervision
• Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• Maintains 5 client billable hours per day
• Mobile Device Troubleshooting
• Configuration of managed services software including anti-virus and back ups
• Troubleshooting and resolution of both network and local printer issues
• When necessary goes to client sites to perform work duties
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and coworkers
• Ability to work cooperatively with others
• Ability to accept direction and constructive criticism
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
• Ability to effectively multitask and manage multiple projects
• Ability to maintain consistent attendance and punctuality
• Supervisory Responsibilities. As necessary, supervise employees to ensure work is completed to the highest level of technical and professional standards. Carries out such supervision in accordance with Company polices and applicable laws. As needed, perform and provide input to the Company regarding employee interviewing, hiring, training, evaluation, and discipline, as well as assigning and directing work
• Physical Demands. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit as well as go to client sites. Employee may be asked to lift heavy objects or move objects as part of their job duties. In some cases, the employee might have to crawl or utilize small spaces to perform job duties. Employee will be required to use hand tools to repair and replace hardware
SUMMARY. The primary function of a Technology Consultant (Level 2) is to provide end user support to assigned clients. The goal is to provide efficient and prompt resolution to end user issues and advise on technology products and services required for the individual business. Execution of and completion of projects in a timely manner is imperative!
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.