If selected, you will work on a small team researching, architecting, and implementing current Linux-based solutions to host secure capabilities. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in the Linux operating system, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, system operations and maintenance, and application security in addition to knowledge of network and web-related protocols. They will have the opportunity to apply such knowledge to build, secure, and maintain custom solutions and technology integrations.
• U.S. Citizen
• At least 5 years of experience with Linux administration, security, and networking
• At least 2 years experience maintaining production-level infrastructures/systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
• A hacker mindset with a strong curiosity to investigate and learn new technologies
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Collaborate with application developers to build out network specifications supporting the product
• Participate in every stage of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) by providing initial guidance on
security architecture and design, identifying security flaws during the build phase, and providing final security
validation before delivery
• Participate in the DevOps process supporting secure deployment and operations of capabilities
• Support architecting and implementing unique infrastructure solutions to meet customer requirements
• Maintain system design and implementation documentation
• Proactive communications with team members and management
• Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
• Working knowledge of network and web-related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP/UDP, HTTP/S, DNS, WebRTC) and network analysis (e.g., wireshark, tshark, tcpdump)
• Experience with network security protocols (e.g., SSL/TLS, OpenVPN, IPsec)
• Understanding of symmetric and asymmetric encryption and key exchange protocols
• Strong, hands-on experience with Linux/Unix security, internals, services, and administration
• Experience implementing and securing web services (e.g., Apache, Tomcat, Nodejs, Nginx)
• Skilled at system and network troubleshooting and analysis (e.g., log analysis, strace, lsof, fuser)
• Network design, routing, and security tools and products Understanding and preferred experience with
virtualization technologies (e.g., VMWare, VirtualBox, KVM, AWS) and deployment automation (e.g., ansible,
• Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Perl, Python)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Excivity creates and deploys mission-enabling technologies, including specialized security applications and situational awareness toolsets.
Premium healthcare plans; competitive compensation; 401(k) plan with matching; minimal corporate hierarchy.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.