Role Value Proposition:
The position requires a mid-level Windows/Linux server administrator to provide MetLife business customers with best in class support services. We are seeking a senior level distributed Server Administrator with strong Red Hat Linux and Windows Server based operating system skills, including Red Hat HA technology, administration, configuration management and LADP integration. The successful candidate will be working with various enterprise application development and core services teams to implement and maintain Red Hat Linux version 5.X, 6.X and 7.X and Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 on x86 hardware platforms. The candidate will be responsible for adhering to documentation for the installation, maintenance, support, and hardware/software procedures for enterprise Linux Red Hat and Windows platforms.
· Installs and configures Windows server hardware and software, to include physical and virtual servers, Linux Red Hat, Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, VMware ESX, Virtual Center, and VMotion. The focus of this role is on the Linux side with some Windows duties.
· Troubleshoots legacy Linux, Windows and ESX server and OS issues. Independently utilizes all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of server issues.
· Develops operating procedures for system administration activities including and system maintenance.
· Follows operating procedures and utilizes established support tools for analysis and reporting requirements.
· Executes a planned program of virus updates, patch and service pack management.
· Interfaces with Network Engineers, Storage Engineers, OS Engineers, Database Administrators and Application Teams to optimize systems use and configuration.
· Provides technical knowledge and recommendations to staff members as required; interfaces with vendors.
· Provide 24 x 7 on-call support; the shift for this role is - Wednesday 11PM -7AM Thursday 10PM – 8AM Friday 10PM – 8AM Saturday 7PM-7AM
· Utilize PowerShell and Vbscripts in support of automation of common day to day operations.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
· Knowledge of storage management, VMware ESXi virtualization
· The candidate must have a strong x86 hardware background and be familiar with HP Proliant stand alone and Blade System platforms
· 3+ years of experience in all phases of enterprise installation and maintenance of hardware and software systems, network and operating systems and storage management.
· Extensive experience in Red Hat Linux 5.X 6.X and 7.X on x86 hardware and Windows 2008/20012/2016 administration support and VMware ESX management is a must.
· Experience with Cisco UCS (unified computing system)
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or relevant industry certifications
· Knowledge of big data, EMC SAN, VCE vBlock
· PowerShell and/or VBscript skills.
Global Infrastructure Technology Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.