Who We Are
Founded in 2016, Skycope Technologies Inc. is a high tech company based in Burnaby, Canada. Applying the latest RF spectrum sensing technologies, we provide cutting-edge anti-drone solutions. Our technology can safely and effectively detect, identify, locate, and track rogue drones to prevent them from posing security threats in unauthorized areas.
Our team is a diverse collection of developers and scientists who enjoy attacking challenging problems. The team has varied levels of industry expertise in the fields of signal processing, machine learning, information theory, coding, and network security.
The goal of the machine learning (ML) team at Skycope is to develop the foundations for applying ML techniques to the radio frequency (RF) wireless communication domain, and to develop practical applications for our products to address RF spectrum detection and analytics problems.
Traditionally, ML research has been focused on problems in the domains of image, audio, and language processing, as these are related to human abilities and intelligent behaviour. Progress in these areas has been significant in recent years. Although the RF environment presents familiar ground for ML researchers in some ways, there are important differences that make ML using RF data unique, and much more challenging than these traditional domains. We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who will do cutting-edge research in this field, and develop and scale solutions.
● Explore the application of ML, especially deep learning, in the RF communication domain. You will do research on solving open problems in the field.
● Develop and scale our data-driven systems. You have interest and ability in both data science and engineering, since this is a hands-on role where you own the whole stack - from modelling to production.
● You will be involved in a variety of projects: data collection, data analysis, algorithm design, and scaling up the system, working with engineers who specialize in machine learning, wireless, and software.
● You will have substantial independence and responsibility from day one.
● 2+ years of industry experience in large-scale ML modelling and engineering, preferably in deep learning.
● Expertise in software engineering at scale, along with proficiency in using industry-standard development tools such as Git, and being comfortable using Linux command-line tools.
● Proficiency in Python development, and the usage of libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, and TensorFlow.
● Understanding of basic signal processing concepts, such as signal statistics and the Fourier transform.
● Ph.D. or M.S. in mathematics, physics, engineering, or another quantitative discipline.
● Eligible to work in Canada
● Exposure to database systems and familiarity with SQL.
● Proficiency in C (and familiarity with C++), with experience deploying ML models using libraries such as TensorRT.
We will consider candidates with qualifications that may differ from those above, depending on demonstrated capability in delivering successful ML applications.
What We Offer:
● Competitive compensation
● Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage
● Opportunities for career advancement
● A challenging adventure of working in an emerging industry with cutting-edge technologies
● A fulfilling experience of teaming up with a group of top-talented people
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.