Responsible for the design and development of medium to highly complex systems. Skills include system design and analysis as well as business skills. Works with data and project managers to understand systems and consults with customers to understand needs. Developments and implements new systems, corrects software errors in existing systems, and works to improve performance through hardware upgrades. Manages computer systems in a business environment and responsible for resolving technical issues. Knowledgeable in programming, data structures, computer systems, and software engineering. Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or other related field. Ability to manage multiple assignments. Superior written and oral communication skills. 6-10+ years of experience.
Coding languages needed are COBOL/DB2/CICS/SQL. JAVA preferred as well.
This is for a mainframe developer that will be tasked to perform analysis, design, coding and testing of small, medium to large projects for the VISION development team.
Works on problems of moderate and varied complexity where analysis of data may require adaptation of standardized practices or precedent. Acts independently to identify and select appropriate methodologies. Work customarily and regularly (50% of time or more) requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment. Normally receives general instructions on non-routine work assignments. Requires additional instructions and frequent guidance on new assignments. Decisions are made independently. Assigned multiple tasks or projects are generally reviewed after completion. Contact is typically coordinative in nature and involves exchanging detailed technical information. May deal with both internal and external contacts. Demonstrates working knowledge in job-related functional area and of the business. Bachelor's degree, or equivalent. 8-10 years of experience
• 8-10 years prior billing/rating application experience
• 8-10 years experience with COBOL, DB2, CICS development
• 8-10 years COBOL, DB2, CICS, MQ development experience
• Advanced knowledge of JCL syntax and coding
• Advanced knowledge of DB2 including performance and application optimization techniques
• Advanced knowledge of Syncsort tools and functionality
• Proficiency with mainframe utilities like IEBGENER, SAS, Fileaid, MFT,BMC
Proficiency with middleware APIs, xml and front-end integration
Excellent Communications, Documentation and organizational skills
• Proficiency with debugging tools - XPEDITER
• Proficiency with CA7/ESP scheduling
• Proficiency analyzing existing code and performance tuning of existing code
• Prior Telecom experience a must
• Ability to multi-task a must
• Ability to work independently a must
• Programming in JAVA a plus
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.