Manager, Application Development and Production Support
Our client is looking for technology professionals to contribute to its growing business needs. This includes both maintenance and enhancements of its business systems and processes. Our client is looking to expand and grow its Development and support team with an experienced leader who is capable of creating and implementing an appropriate development methodology. This process will be used when developing new features and while maintaining existing systems. The position is also responsible for implementing the necessary IT operational procedures to sustain a reliable set of production systems.
The focus of their effort is to develop productivity enhancement tools used internally and by membership.
Candidates must be self-starters with a strong technology implementation background, with a very strong aptitude to understand and deliver systems in support of business process and workflows within. Individuals must have experience in transaction processing and supply chain applications as well as experience with formal software development methodologies.
The Manager of Application Development and Production Support is responsible for identifying, analyzing and delivering technology solutions in support of the company’s strategic vision and goals. This position will also be responsible for identifying and implementing solutions needed for medium term tactical needs in support of new business and enhancements to product offerings by the company. As a key technology stakeholder, the incumbent in this position will work with counterparts within and outside the company in ensuring timely and accurate delivery of products and services to that meet and exceed customer expectations.
As the leader of the technology and solutions delivery team, this individual will be responsible for planning and delivery of the most appropriate and cost effective solution that delivers user needs, meet audit and compliance requirements, while adhering to time and budget guidance provided by the senior management team. The incumbent in this position will work with system vendors, product vendors, third party support vendors to ensure products and services delivered/procured by/from them meet all technical, functional and performance needs. This includes negotiation of pricing and contract terms, SLA’s and penalties for unacceptable product, service and support quality.
This position will manage a team that comprises of hands on technical staff that includes technical business analysts, data scientists, application developers, automation developers/specialists, business systems and EDI analysts.
This position requires an individual who can independently lead the design and implementation of technology solutions that are an integral part of the company products, services and success. The incumbent will need to interface between the various business units/leaders, department/functional owners within and outside the company and a team of technical personnel as well as vendors and third party solution providers.
• Manage and maintain corporate reporting and business intelligence platform.
• Manage and maintain RPA tool suite.
• Manage and maintain upstream and downstream EDI processes.
• Manage and maintain upstream and custom and special data intake and delivery processes.
• Manage and maintain commercial and in-house EDI generation tools.
• Manage and maintain desktop tool suite developed using Microsoft and open source technologies.
• Manage the team comprising of developers, technical analysts responsible that technology tool suite.
• Key stakeholder, contributor in the implementation of “Analytics” strategy.
• Arrange for contingencies and off hours support as needed.
• Experience working in SQL Server environments.
• Contribute to the development of the technology strategy for the organization.
• Monitor and manage development team’s database(s), hardware and software onsite, remote access and needs.
• Research and implement technical tools needed to optimize business processes and workflows.
• Manage staff priorities, workload and development, delivery schedules.
• Oversee development of new technology solutions, support development and maintenance of core enterprise systems and desktop applications including monitoring system, applications uptime and performance and minimizing downtime.
• Review requirements, determine alternatives and determine technical design and implementation.
• Mentor, coach and technical guidance ensuring team is successful and delivering quality products.
• Implement development guidelines and processes including coding standards, documentation and audit trail, code maintenance, peer reviews and check-in/checkout procedures.
• Enhance, adapt and optimize business systems in support of growing strategic and tactical business needs.
• Evaluate use of technology in the organization and recommend improvements in technology (hardware and software upgrades).
• Capable of providing time estimates and preparing design documents, developing, coding and testing.
• Monitor system deployment and maintenance scheduled for impacts to production support.
• Update/enhance systems and tools accordingly.
• Partner with enterprise Development team to ensure the solution design is appropriately aligned to satisfy user needs, meet standards using best practices.
• Strong team emphasis and relationship building skills; create effective partnerships with business, shared services and other IT support areas.
• Facilitate communication, conflict resolution and interaction among the various functional entities within project teams.
• Partner with management and business units to ensure timely and accurate assessment and communication of progress, issues and risks.
• Coordinate members of the application development team during the design and development phases to ensure the requirements are understood and being met.
• Complete special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
• Previous management experience managing a mid-size team (5-10 people) and will thrive on the prospect of taking on huge challenges, driving innovative solutions and "moving the needle".
• Experience with (SDLC) software methodologies such as Scrum/Agile
• 12-15 years Intermodal industry experience, preferably in technical positions of increasing responsibility.
• String analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Good understanding of MS Project and/or other project management tools
• Superior communication skills both verbal and written with management, project team and Internal and external stakeholders
• Hands-on experience with many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems. Strong technical skills with demonstrated experience in SQL, Python, Qlikview, MS Access, VB, Business Intelligence and Analytics tools Scripting
• Process-centric individual
• Demonstrated experience managing infrastructure services, knowledge of concepts and tools available for solving technical problems.
• Strong Desktop computing skills using Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Project and Power Point.
• Strong familiarity with Machine Learning implementations, Big Data and Deep learning.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver assignments on time and within budget.
• Willingness to work in a team environment and co-ordinate with other members of the application development team.
• Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts. Experience using SDLC methodologies within software design, coding and testing.
• Use of software tools to prototype data structures, process and system functionality (screens, reports, audit logs), data validation and storage logic.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.