This position utilizes business and technical knowledge to manage a team of specialized information technology professionals who are responsible for how information and data are structured, organized, stored, maintained and reported on across the business. Extensive contact with all management levels and other technology verticals is required to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex information technology issues. Incumbents must have in-depth knowledge of specific areas of responsibility within architecture, data and platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with developers and programmers to understand the potential architectural impacts of different database strategies.
• Provides database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical databases, capacity planning, external data interface specifications, data loading plans, data maintenance plans, and security policies.
• Drives IT solutions to ensure they meet the business needs balanced with a pragmatic and integrated approach to the design of technical solutions.
• Understands and applies enterprise wide thinking to individual departmental requests for IT investments to ensure end-to-end process and data integration are achieved.
• Leads projects to successful completion as defined by predetermined project success criteria including those established by the business, capital expenditure and budget requirements.
• Develops and maintains development methodology (templates, processes and deliverables) and ensures all IT resources understand their responsibilities in this process.
• Partners with Business Teams to assess how technologies can best streamline processes and/or add business value.
• Remains up to date on key technology, business and industry trends.
• Develops budget and annual goals and objectives; holds organization accountable for attaining goals and objectives.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field and seven (7) years of relevant experience including management or leadership experience or combination of education, training and experience.
• Hands on experience in designing and building high performance applications using Java technologies.
• Subject matter expertise in architecture, database design and/or engineering.
• Well versed in understanding logical data models and relational data stores
• Profiling and performance optimization - threading, memory management, JVM optimization etc.
• Automated testing frameworks – unit and integration tests
• Continuous delivery processes from automated build, test and deployment.
• Previous financial services industry experience
• May occasionally work non-standard hours, including nights and weekends, depending on business need.
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
Lead the Team
• Creates/maintains a competitive organization by attracting, developing and retaining talent to ensure people with the right skills & motivations are in the right place at the right time to meet business needs.
• Builds a cohesive team, and develops structure & direction to meet or exceed customer needs.
• Leverages systems & processes to attract, develop & retain talented individuals.
• Provides feedback, empowerment and coaching to help others excel in current and future job responsibilities.
• Creates a trusting work environment where people can realize their full potential.
Enhance Client Experience
• Builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships. Enhances the customer service experience to drive competitive advantage.
• Ensures customer perspective is driving force behind business decisions and activities.
• Ensures customer solutions, practices and procedures are carried out and achieve their objectives.
• Builds strategic partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business goals.
• Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness & trust and gives confidence in one’s intentions.
Advance Strategic Opportunities
• Gains competitive advantage by developing, supporting and/or promoting innovative strategies, products or processes which align with the firm’s vision and goals and enhance the firm’s reputation/brand.
• Identifies and drives organizational changes needed to adapt to changing customer and market demands.
• Establishes and commits to long-term business direction and sets meaningful performance objectives that align to values & strategies.
• Communicates information in a compelling way that drives others to achieve team and firm goals.
• Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
Drive High Performance
• Executes business and organizational objectives that build and support sustained revenue growth, maximize firm results and effectively leverage people/processes.
• Uses customer centric approaches for choosing courses of action or developing appropriate solutions.
• Aligns communication, accountability, resources & processes to ensure strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
• Tenaciously works to deliver team goals with the greatest potential for producing positive business results.
• Establishes high standards and challenging goals for individual, team and organizational accomplishment.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.