Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
So Let's Make Games!
The person in this position is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of an engineering team as it applies to the network engineering, support, architecture efforts and development support of Scientific Games products as it relates to network technologies.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manages network team that designs and supports the Linked Games data centers and the network components on the 400+ remotes sites.
• Manages the Solarwinds NMS infrastructure alerts, and components
• A leader who “walks the talk” and rolls up his/her sleeves and gets actively involved with the project or issue
• Analyzes and resolve the more complex network connectivity issues on remote casino installs
• Develops and maintains standard network configurations for all routers, switches and firewalls
• Analyzes daily/monthly reports of network outages and issues for anomalies and recurring issues
• A strong advocate of team building
• Participates in product approvals for multiple jurisdictions and agencies
• Troubleshoots and resolves network WAN outages and escalates with telecom provider as needed
• Main point of contact and lead subject matter expert related to network issues and provides 24x7 on call availability
• Provides mentoring and training to the other network engineers
• Other tasks as assigned
Training and/or Experience:
• Minimum of five years experience in network engineering field
• Minimum of two years experience in managing personnel
• At least one Cisco CCNP certification required in either Routing and Switching, Security, or Data Center
• CCIE certification preferred in Routing and Switching
• Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Advanced network troubleshooting skills using standard troubleshooting methodologies
• Knowledge of network monitoring protocols (SNMP) and systems such as Solarwinds
• Knowledge of trouble ticketing systems and methodologies
• Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, including packet-level traffic analysis
• Advanced knowledge of spanning-tree, VTP, port channels and load balancing,
• Advanced ability in analyzing and troubleshooting packet captures using Wireshark
• Maintains Visio and Excel network documentation
• Expert knowledge of WAN protocols and circuits; MPLS, DSL, Frame Relay, DS1, DS0
• Expert experience in supporting and troubleshooting VPN Technologies - IPSec, DMVPN, and site to site VPN solutions
• Ability to set up network lab virtualization software; GNS3 and VIRL, to test new software and configuration changes and designs
• Deep understanding of routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP, VRF, Multicast, AnyCast, MPLS, DSCP/QoS
• Expert Visio design/diagramming skills
• Thorough understanding of IP concepts including routing, VLAN's, QoS, tuning and capacity management concepts and tools
• Initiative, resourceful, and the ability to work independently
• Demonstrate strong communication skills to align cross functional teams and objectives and promote team outcomes
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Requires excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, ability to distinguish colors. Ability to view computer monitors for extended periods.
• The work conditions are representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.