Are you a high performing software engineer and/or data scientist that has experience leading, mentoring and ideally managing a team of data scientists and engineers? Are you looking to apply the latest machine learning research in production implementations? Do you enjoy collaborating with your engineering team and your business partners to find creative ways to use machine learning to drive business objectives? You could be a great match for a Manager role at Capital One's Center for Machine Learning (C4ML).
As a Manager in C4ML, you will manage teams that build fast data and machine learning solutions to create and improve some of the most interesting use cases in the financial services industry. You will work alongside the Directors and Vice President of C4ML to solve critical problems for the organization. Capital One maintains a full stack of technology solutions including streaming big data, state of the art machine learning, micro-service architecture, distributed computation engines, and intuitive visualizations in the cloud. To manage this, we are working with several cutting-edge technologies and are actively developing and contributing to the open source community. We are highly technical with strong backgrounds in our fields to support use cases ranging from cyber threat prevention to sophisticated NLP understanding in an always on 24/7 service architecture. We have the highest executive support for acting as a catalyst of machine learning across Capital One, driving the innovative use of machine learning in the most important Capital One problems.
What you will bring to the role:
· Excellent communication skills
· Leadership skills, mentorship, and management of team members
· Demonstrated ability to build full-stack systems architected for speed and distributed computing.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and paradigms to deploy cutting-edge solutions.
· Experience teaching junior engineers.
· Adept at simultaneously working on multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and managing expectations.
What you will do in the role:
· Work with subject matter experts in the business to design and deliver production applications that solve their problems through machine learning.
· Guide data scientists and full-stack engineers on your team to build sustainable and high-quality software solutions using the latest advancements in data science, data engineer, and cloud-engineering.
· Effectively leverage the talent on your team to agilely deliver incremental value
· Actively participate in building our organization and growing our talent
· Bachelor’s Degree
· At least 5 years of experience designing and building full stack solutions
· At least 5 years of experience working with Python, Scala or Java
· At least 2 years leading teams in code development and balancing feature requests with feasibility constraints
· At least 2 years managing people & teams
· At least 2 years experience working with DevOps
· Master’s Degree or PhD
· 2+ years working on consulting or client service engagements
· 2+ years building applications that use statistical or machine learning methods
· 2+ years utilizing distributed computing or cloud-based solutions
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug plans, with full coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents; professional development programs; onsite gym, 5 spectacular cafeterias, multiple meeting spots, whiteboard walls, many TV rooms (Texas office); work for a company that thinks and works like a tech company, using their digital fluency to transform everything about the customer experience.
To bending data to Capital One's will, and turning a stodgy industry on its head, which is reflected in their ranking as the number one business technology innovator in the US in the 2016 InformationWeek Elite 100; work for a company that's changing banking for good—and helping people live their best lives. As they build one of America’s leading information-based technology companies, they'll continue to dream, disrupt, and deliver a better way for their customers, the financial industry, and each other. Relentless innovation is their way of life. Make it yours at Capital One.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.