Provides 24/7 monitoring and troubleshooting of the Ground-based Midcourse Defense Communications Network (GCN) in support of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) for the Defense Information Systems Agency. The supported network is essential to the integrated, layered, ballistic missile defense system (BMDS) used to defend the United States, its deployed forces, allies, and friends against all ranges of enemy ballistic missiles in all phases of flight.
This position provides support in the following areas as part of the MDA/GCN Desk within DISA Global Operations Center (DGOC), which will include the following:
- Performs pro-active monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure. Accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis.
- Performs fault isolation, diagnostic, and assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
- Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Performs operator level maintenance on all components and assets associated with network management systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following tasks: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Routers, switches, crypto devices, Promina, ADTRAN, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching, SATCOM/MILSATCOM.
- High School Diploma and 2+ yrs of relevant technical experience.
- Current DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) within ninety (90) days of employment.
- Able to participate in a 24/7 shift work environment, to include working nights and weekends.
- An active, in-scope US Government issued Secret security clearance.
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Prior Military preferred or experience working in a military govt. environment.
- Remedy GTMS/ITSM experience is a plus.
- Associates degree
- Additional experience, education, and training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.