Progeny is seeking a mid to senior level mechanical engineer to lead the team responsible for the design, development, production, integration and life cycle support of the Torpedo Systems Group (TSG) products used aboard Navy submarines, ships, and aircraft. The TSG designs, develops, demonstrates, produces, assembles, tests and delivers torpedo SONAR arrays and electronic assemblies. The TSG team works with the Navy, internal production staff and the representatives from other companies to advance torpedo performance and lower production costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Lead a team of mechanical engineering associates to develop mechanical solutions for TSG products. Specifically:
• Design and analyze components and electro-mechanical assemblies
• Create and maintain mechanical solid models and drawings using SolidWorks
• Create and manage bills of material (BOM) within Progeny’s data management system
• Develop fixtures and equipment to support testing and production efforts
• Develop and present PowerPoint slides documenting design progress
• Participate in various technical and program meetings on a weekly basis
• Develop technical presentations, recommendations, and written communications to explain technical issues to program management and the Navy customer team.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Candidates should have:
• Effective leadership skills, technical acumen, an educational background and expertise (experience preferred).
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to work both independently and in a team
• Experience with SolidWorks product suite
• Experience developing detailed designs of mechanical systems
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
• Strong documentation and communication skills
• Experience with ruggedized electronics packaging a plus
• Familiarity with Navy environmental qualification test standards a plus
• Ability to perform structural and thermal analyses (FEA) on components and systems a plus
Successful candidates will be reliable, motivated and be able to lead engineering teams.
B.S (or higher) degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field (or equivalent experience) is required.
Greater than 5 years of engineering experience required.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Since 1995, Progeny Systems' mission is to be a trusted provider of innovative, cost-effective technical solutions and quality products while maintaining positive relationships with our customers, vendors, and employees.
Progeny Systems is a privately-held, high-tech small business focusing on software and hardware system integration, computer-vision solutions, cutting-edge research and development, and manufacturing. We provide premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. These programs complement Progeny's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research.
SERVING OUR CUSTOMERS AND OUR COUNTRY SO THEY CAN BE SECURE
The key to Progeny Systems Corporation's soaring success is our ability to attract and retain truly exceptional and talented individuals. We are proud of our work environment which fosters individual thinking and rewards achievement through merit-based incentives. We support a flexible work-life balance that today's highly-skilled candidates are seeking.
Progeny Employees achieve their goals through programs and mentoring that are not often found in other companies. We know that innovative ideas are generated in the right company culture.
At Progeny you'll see employees who prefer the energy of working with a team and you'll see those who favor independence. Together, we deliver ideas that go beyond the traditional.
Compensation and Benefits
We reward top performance with top pay. Progeny Systems offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that acknowledge the professionalism and valuable contributions of our employees. Full time employees enjoy such benefits as:
Generous paid time off plus payable holidays
Minimum $1,000 new-hire signing bonus
Excellent healthcare, dental and vision coverage available on your first day of employment
Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
Subsidized health club memberships
Flexible work schedule and part-time programs to meet employee lifestyle goals
Advanced education tuition reimbursement program up to $3,000 per year
Pay for performance system to reward top contributors
401(k) retirement plan with generous company matching contributions
Substantial incentive-based cash bonus program
Employee recruiting finder's fee awards
Company paid life insurance, with optional supplemental employee and dependant life coverage
Linux, Java, C/C++, JAVA EE, Python, Bash, Wireshark, SQL (PostgreSQL or MySQL), Agile Development, Solidworks, OrCAD Capture, Quartus, LabWindows/CVI, Git. GitLab, CI/CD pipelines, BYG-1 Combat Control Systems, multi-threaded applications.
Some positions will require a pretest screening. Most positions will have a phone interview/screen first, followed up by an in-person interview or Skype or Google Hangout with the team.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.