About the role
As a Mediation Zone Solution Designer in Billing & Payments Domain, you will lead, own all aspects of DigitalRoute’s MZ Solutions and integration across Network and Billing systems. During the project delivery phase, you will work closely with Product Owners, Developers, Testers, and Business people as well liaising with 3rd party suppliers.
Billing & Payments Domain covers approx. 60 applications, the key ones being Oracle BRM, Digital Route Mediation Zone and Vesta/Barclays for Payments. The capabilities of the domain are delivered via a mix of subcontract and FTE’s. This role is a direct report of the Billing Delivery Domain Head.
• Review the Business Requirements Specifications and use cases. Design end to end solutions for projects, potentially integrating multiple systems ensuring that designs adhere to agreed design standards and methods.
• Produce Requirements Documents, High Level and Detailed Design documents, Test cases and Training material for each milestone
• Manage the solution design throughout the project lifecycle through to deployment, ensuring that any defects are identified and resolved throughout the process.
• Operational stability and performance enhancements.
• Provide design guidelines and assistance to major projects and programmes.
• Assist with the transformation strategy for the Billing Domain, including engineering excellence and cost transformation.
• Walkthrough development, test team and other key recipients of design being delivered and support throughout development & testing phases.
• Use experience to provide ROM estimates of cost and timescales for projects under early consideration.
• Supporting the Domain Head/Project Lead in assuring and challenging supplier work package technical scope and pricing keeping on top of the use of estimation model estimation tools as agreed with Supply Chain Management.
Knowledge and experience
• 7-10 years of experience in delivering IT Solutions in a Multi-vendor delivery model in Billing and mediation domain.
• Hands-on experience on complex design and knowledge of DR MZ 6.3 + with good knowledge of Telecom Mediation and their Billing mechanism.
• Sound knowledge of MZ collection workflows real time and batch, file transformation, building business logic using APL agents of MZ, distribution workflows, Building alerts and audit trails etc.
• Domain knowledge on Pre-paid, Post-paid Billing areas for ISP, Broadband, GSM, IPTV, GPRS service providers.
• High level knowledge of End to end BSS practices and on specific areas like Rating, Billing and Invoicing.
• Strong technical skills MZ components, Unix and PL/SQL.
• MZ Product upgrade experience to the latest version.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Vodafone is a mobile telecommunications company that offers voice, messaging, and data services.
Fully stocked beer fridge; free lunches; retail discounts.
Java (JEE), Java Servlets, AWS, Docker, Python, Scala, Go, Clojure, Cassandra, Kafka, DynamoDB, Redis, Neo4j, MySQL
Phone screen with recruiter; phone call with hiring manager; onsite interview with tech test (meeting with 2-3 others on the team). Average interview period: 2 weeks.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.