Progeny Systems Corporation is a privately-held, high-tech small business focusing on software and hardware system integration, cutting-edge research and development, and manufacturing. We provide premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. Progeny Systems is seeking a self-motivated, organized and dynamic Mid-Level Embedded Systems Engineer with 5 to 10 years of technical experience to become an integral member of the engineering team dedicated to embedded systems development. Primary activities will include embedded systems design and corresponding design of test software and hardware, developing firmware for both microcontroller and FPGA based systems, creating circuit board schematics, and performing system test and verification. On-going projects range from underwater autonomous vehicles, to torpedo electronics systems, to high-density miniaturized data acquisition systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop requirements for embedded systems
• Design, implement, and simulate FPGA designs
• Design and develop firmware for microcontrollers
• Design and implement electronic circuits
• Integrate, test, troubleshoot, and verify hardware & firmware
• Develop test systems including test software applications
• Perform component and architecture trade studies to determine optimal system solutions
• Perform solder rework of circuit card assemblies and design/build cable assemblies
• Generate design and interface documentation
• Document and present trade studies, analyses, test results and status to the team
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience with the engineering development life cycle, including concept, requirements, design, implementation and test phases
• Strong background in FPGA design and verification, and microcontroller programming in C
• Proficiency in digital circuit design
• Working knowledge of memory technologies, voltage regulation devices, ADCs, DACs, and common low-level communication interfaces
• Proficiency with common lab equipment such as o-scopes, multi-meters, power supplies, and soldering
• Working knowledge in Linux
• Strong documentation and writing skills
Experience with the following a plus:
• OrCAD Capture, Quartus, LabWindows/CVI, Git
• FPGA timing closure
• VHDL and Nios soft-core processors
• ARM-based microcontrollers and real-time operating systems
• National Instruments data acquisition systems
• Autonomous vehicles and associated software/hardware (autonomy software, navigation systems, electric motors, battery systems)
• BS in Computer Engineering or similar degree
• 5 to 10 years of experience
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Since 1995, Progeny Systems' mission is to be a trusted provider of innovative, cost-effective technical solutions and quality products while maintaining positive relationships with our customers, vendors, and employees.
Progeny Systems is a privately-held, high-tech small business focusing on software and hardware system integration, computer-vision solutions, cutting-edge research and development, and manufacturing. We provide premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. These programs complement Progeny's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research.
SERVING OUR CUSTOMERS AND OUR COUNTRY SO THEY CAN BE SECURE
The key to Progeny Systems Corporation's soaring success is our ability to attract and retain truly exceptional and talented individuals. We are proud of our work environment which fosters individual thinking and rewards achievement through merit-based incentives. We support a flexible work-life balance that today's highly-skilled candidates are seeking.
Progeny Employees achieve their goals through programs and mentoring that are not often found in other companies. We know that innovative ideas are generated in the right company culture.
At Progeny you'll see employees who prefer the energy of working with a team and you'll see those who favor independence. Together, we deliver ideas that go beyond the traditional.
Compensation and Benefits
We reward top performance with top pay. Progeny Systems offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that acknowledge the professionalism and valuable contributions of our employees. Full time employees enjoy such benefits as:
Generous paid time off plus payable holidays
Minimum $1,000 new-hire signing bonus
Excellent healthcare, dental and vision coverage available on your first day of employment
Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
Subsidized health club memberships
Flexible work schedule and part-time programs to meet employee lifestyle goals
Advanced education tuition reimbursement program up to $3,000 per year
Pay for performance system to reward top contributors
401(k) retirement plan with generous company matching contributions
Substantial incentive-based cash bonus program
Employee recruiting finder's fee awards
Company paid life insurance, with optional supplemental employee and dependant life coverage
Linux, Java, C/C++, JAVA EE, Python, Bash, Wireshark, SQL (PostgreSQL or MySQL), Agile Development, Solidworks, OrCAD Capture, Quartus, LabWindows/CVI, Git. GitLab, CI/CD pipelines, BYG-1 Combat Control Systems, multi-threaded applications.
Some positions will require a pretest screening. Most positions will have a phone interview/screen first, followed up by an in-person interview or Skype or Google Hangout with the team.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.