Kronos is looking for an experienced, hands-on software engineer to join our mobile engineering team in Chelmsford, MA. You will play a key role in the development of our next generation SaaS offering, in a highly collaborative, agile environment. The role requires great team player with experience in working in highly collaborative, Agile/SCRUM environment using Test Driven Development methodologies. The role requires the engineer to design, develop and debug mobile applications for iOS or Android. Work in a devops model for the company’s latest SAAS product. The role may also involve interacting with users to define system requirements and/or troubleshoot problems. Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Design and develop hybrid mobile applications for iOS and android Mobile devices (phone and tablet) using Cordova, Angular, Typescript.
• Design and develop native mobile applications on iOS and/or android Mobile devices (phone and tablet).
• Design and develop enterprise applications in Java/ J2EE with REST based web services.
• Prepare the application for upload to various app stores like the Apple App store and Google play store with strict adherence to the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Google design guide.
• A strong understanding of application signing and auditing the application to prevent rejection of the app from the app approval process by Apple and Google.
• Design and develop for secure device storage and app to server communication using security standards, encryption schemes and secure protocols like OAUTH.
• Design and develop applications and web services that asynchronously interact with cloud applications.
• Design and develop python and shell scripts for automation of the build servers and incorporate CI tools like Jenkins and XCode plugins.
• Lead activities for decomposing product requirements into tasks and associated estimates.
• Mentor the team on the best techniques with respect to debugging and troubleshooting issues.
• Participate in code and design reviews to ensure quality and conformance to product standards
• A qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Masters degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering and 5 to 10 years of industry experience.
• Experience must include working with:
• Programming experience with hybrid and cross platform mobile application technologies like Cordova, Phonegap and ionic.
• Programming in java script preferably in Angular, NodeJS, Express JS or Type Script.
• Programming on two or more of the following Mobile and tablet platforms: iOS (may have Objective-C or Swift experience with iOS) on 64 bit devices or Android OS 8(may haveAndroid SDK in Java and Kotlin) and above;
• Experience with programming in Java/ J2EE with web application development technologies.
• REST based web services and technologies and push notifications for iOS and Android.
• Authentication protocols (SAML, OAUTH 2.0 and SiteMinder) and data encryption technologies;
• Knowledge of UNIX shell or python scripting and packaging technologies, Unit Testing processes and tools and command line iOS build tools and integration with Jenkins and Gradle;
• Versioning tools including GIT.
• Upload and publishing of at least one phone or tablet app to the common app stores in previous organization.
• Database design and optimization skills preferably in PostgresSQL and SQL-Lite
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
We believe great businesses are powered by great people. Guided by decades of experience and innovation, Kronos® offers the industry’s most powerful suite of tools and services to manage and engage your entire workforce from pre-hire to retire. And because workforce needs are constantly changing, Kronos solutions are designed to evolve with you to help meet the challenges you face every day — regardless of your industry or where you do business.
With more than 6,000 Kronites worldwide, Kronos is dedicated to meeting the growing needs of today’s multinational organizations. In fact, upwards of 40 million people at more than 30,000 organizations around the world rely on Kronos workforce solutions every day.
Work for a “Best Place to Work" (Source: Glassdoor), many "Great Place To Work" awards in the US, Canada, UK, Australia...
Unlimited paid-vacation policy (in US, Canada and a couple of more countries)
Java & JavaEE, Springboot, Spring MVC, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud
Linux, SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, REST, SOAP/XML API's
We try our best to maximize the hiring process
Usually our hiring process is as following:
- 1st Step: phone discussion with a KRONOS recruiter
- 2st Step: face-to-face or video conference. Technical and / or soft skills based interview
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.