• Strong experience with relational and non-relational databases consisting of the following technologies: MySQL. It would be nice to have MongoDB, PostgreSQL and SQL Server
• Someone who can quickly learn our environments, configuration, and systems
• Strong expertise and experience managing AWS EMR systems and working with automation
• Someone who loves to learn as well as share their experiences and knowledge
• Flexibility and organizational capacity to work on multiple projects in parallel
• 4+ years of experience configuring and maintaining MySQL databases in a Linux-based production environment with expertise in the areas of replication, backup/restore, clustering, HA, log shipping and performance tuning
• 4+ years of experience with Linux and scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl or PHP) and a passion for automation and DevOps, leveraging tools like Ansible or Puppet to manage DB environments
• Proven track-record of implementing solutions for database performance monitoring, storage optimization, SQL tuning and configuration management
• 2+ years of working with databases in AWS, including designing highly available, scalable and clustered deployments via RDS or EC2
• Solid understanding and knowledge of the entire IT stack, including networking, security, compute, storage, DB and application
• Excellent communication, collaboration, team building and relationship management
• Must be enthusiastic to learn new standards, tools and approaches and apply them
• Ability to communicate technology matters to peers, business partners, and executives
• Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience with either PostgreSQL or MongoDB
• Some exposure to Amazon Redshift
• 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
The Technology team @ Oportun is dedicated to delivering and maintaining performant, elegant, and intuitive systems to our business partners and retail customers. We provide the platform, technology services, and interfaces that have enabled Oportun to serve over 1.3M customers with over $6 billion in life-changing, responsible loans disbursed.
We work on a very unique platform, combining service-oriented platform services with sophisticated user experiences, all enabled through a best-in-class (and fun to use!) automated development infrastructure. We prove that FinTech is more fun, more challenging, and in our case, more rewarding as we build technology that changes our customers’ lives. At the corporate level, Oportun delivers a very supportive and welcoming service experience, with bilingual staff across channels, and operates more than 300 locations in CA, IL, AZ, FL, NM, TX, UT, NV & NJ, with mobile services available in MO, ID & WI.
We offer competitive salaries, bonuses, stock options, great benefits and a fully loaded laptop of your choosing. We have strong opinions about work/life balance, and seek to create a comfortable and productive environment where we can ship apps that we’re proud of and that best serve our customers. The Bay Area News Group recognized Oportun as a Top Workplace in 2019
The interview process will differ depending on the nature of the role.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.