Principal System Administrator
Has working for NASA been a dream since you touched your 1st computer? Now is your chance to join the SAIC team supporting NASA's Goddard NASCOM Network System Administration Team as we build, manage, and support the worldwide NASA Mission Network. The role of Systems Administrator is a hands-on technical position joining a seasoned and diverse team of information technology professionals supporting mostly a Unix/Linux environment with a small handful of Windows systems mixed-in.
· Perform senior-level Linux/Unix system administration including troubleshooting, fault isolation, system tuning, software installation, maintenance.
· Identify and implement system and process-level improvements including providing recommendations to purchase and then implementing hardware and software solutions.
· Provide senior-level mentoring to junior and mid-level system administration staff.
· Developing and implement strategy, design, implementation and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
· Ideal candidate must be able to grasp a wide range of unique skills, and be able to think and respond quickly to real-time problems as they arise.
· Candidate must have strong multi-tasking skills to effectively meet task objectives.
· Participate in an on-call rotation providing off-hours support.
· Linux/Unix operating system administration
· VMWare ESXi hypervisors
· Scripting experience with Perl, Bash, Python, etc.
· TCP/IP and network protocols including DNS, SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, SSH, RADIUS, and LDAP
· Windows operating system administration
· Self-disciplined and self-motivated
· Demonstrated analytical and communication skills.
· Experience supporting Federal systems including FISMA Certification and Accreditation
· Managing software and hardware deployment projects
· Experience with Postfix, HP Opsware, Sybase, Apache, mysql, mrtg, Nagios, HP Network Automation, Juniper WANDL, high-availability server clusters, HP Open View and HP Network Node Manager
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
ENFA Corporation is a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) which was established to provide specialized project management, technical analysis and systems engineering support to assist its clients with critical technical and program management needs, as well as provide cost-effective outsourcing. ENFA offers in-house technical and administrative services as well as customized engineering services for product development needs. We maintain a highly experienced technical team with excellent academic and industry knowledge.
ENFA Corporation is a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) which was established to provide specialized project management, technical analysis and systems engineering support to assist its clients with critical technical and program management needs, as well as providing cost-effective outsourcing. ENFA provides in-house technical and administrative services as well as customized engineering services for product development needs. We maintain a highly experienced technical team with excellent academic and industry knowledge.
ENFA Corporation's human resources team works in cooperation with our government team to find the best candidates for our open positions. Initially, you will be contacted by a program manager who will determine if your qualifications meet the minimum qualifications of the position being filled. Once that determination is made, your resume will be forwarded to the next level for review. If your resume and experience interest that level they will request the program manager set up an interview with you. If all goes well with that, your resume will be forwarded to the government official who will make the final determination.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.