About the project:
• We are an industry leader in helping organization's increase Employee Engagement by creating individualized Engagement Programs.
• This platform is built using Windows forms, written primarily in VB.NET with ADO.NET as the Data Access Technology.
• This is an on-going project and we are implementing new functionality, maintenance, and support.
What you will be doing:
• Working on a mid-sized team to support existing functionality using Windows Forms/VB.NET ADO.NET, and MS SQL Server.
• Develop and maintain SQL Queries and Stored Procedures.
• Apply updates to correct bugs in the existing application.
• Providing ongoing application support for technical requests and issues.
• Work closely with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Designer, and SMEs in an Agile environment to develop new functionality and resolve existing issues in the system.
• Utilize version management tools.
• Other tasks and assignments as needed.
• 1+ years of professional experience with Windows Forms applications written in VB.NET.
• Strong understanding of the data layer and T-SQL, Stored Procedures, etc.
• Experience integrating with computer peripherals and printers.
• Experience working with TFS/Continuous Integration and Development.
• Strong troubleshooting abilities to get to the source of problems and think critically regarding possible solutions.
Ideal candidates will also have:
• Development of REST Services and .NET Core experience is a plus.
• Strong T-SQL skills including writing and optimizing complex queries.
• SSRS report writing experience
• Experience writing unit tests / TDD.
• Experience working with Click-Once installers
• Agile/Scrum environment experience.
• Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and keeping up on the latest best practices.
Nice to have but not required:
• Experience using and converting to C#
• Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery experience
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
What drives you to be the best that you can be? Do your employees share that same motivation for success? At C.A. Short Company, we've become a leader in the employee engagement and recognition award services industry by developing individualized programs that get results.
As the first company to create incentive programs that are OSHA-compliant, we’re paving the way for workplace safety as a precursor for personal achievement, in turn creating safer work environments. As a trailblazer in employee engagement, our values-based recognition programs have proven to reduce employee turnover and increase profitability. And we’ve got the history to back it up.
Established in 1937, we are privately-held and headquartered in North Carolina with offices across the United States. With over 150 employees and more than 3,000 customers, we're members of the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM), Recognition Professionals International (RPI), National Safety Council (NSC), and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). We have been ISO 9001-certified since 2005 and have an A+ BBB rating.
As you can see, we’re not going anywhere.
For nearly a century, C.A. Short Company has helped organizations retain, reward, and protect their greatest assets: their people.
We don’t do this through a magic algorithm, a fancy robot, or some one-size-fits-all solution.
Instead, we get to know our clients and create custom-tailored programs that fit their budget. We offer employees the products, services, and experiences that mean the most to them. And we work tirelessly with our clients to create safe and prosperous workplaces.
Our in-house experts accelerate this process. Working side by side with our customers, we identify and track meaningful recognition, leading indicators, incentivize safety awareness and sales performance, while reinforcing achievement behaviors at scale.
Every strategy is 100 percent customized and works across all businesses, industries and generations.
Our customer centric approach allows us to set high ROI goals — we work closely with our teams to ensure we are maximizing every dollar invested. And while saving time and money is certainly important, we know that’s not what matters most.
At the end of the day, you want your employees to leave work as healthy as they arrived - more inspired than yesterday with the ability to make it home to their loved ones, and to know that when it comes down to it, you have their back. We help you make this a reality.
We are C.A. Short Company, and we understand your people are everything.
Leading organizations to inspire and develop “all-in” employees that transform their work and their world.
We offer industry leading recognition and engagement solutions through innovative design, rapid implementation, and “all-in” exceptional service to our clients, delivering positive behavior changes and measurable, impactful business results.
Our core business values have been determined and they are (in no specific order):
Deliver Exceptional Service
Attention to Detail/Sense of Urgency
Accountability: Be Responsible & Transparent
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Cancer Insurances and Employee Assistance Program
1. Phone interview
2. In person interview with IT Manager
3. Panel interview with IT Manager, Chief Operating Officer and Human Resources Manager
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.