Trace Systems is actively recruiting for a Network Administrator to join our on-site team supporting the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB - IL.
This role acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. This mission essential position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services through monitoring and troubleshooting of the long-haul WAN connections that run between different government organizations and bases from our 24x7 DISA Global Operations Center (DGOC).
- Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and system architectures to develop solutions for resolving complex network degradations and outages.
- Utilizing established procedures, configure and troubleshoot Access Control Lists (ACL), Palo Alto Firewalls, F5 Load balancers, and WAN connections made over Ethernet, Fiber-Optic, and serial connections.
- Partner with Engineering team to provide specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, GVS, ATM, Promina, CISCO, MSPP, Optical Switching.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
- Position requires a minimum of two (2) years of relevant technical experience.
- Current DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) within ninety (90) days of employment.
- Able to participate in a 24/7 shift work environment, to include working nights and weekends.
- -Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret level clearance.
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Prior Military experience or experience working as a contractor in a Government environment is preferred.
- Remedy GTMS/ITSM experience is a plus.
- Network+, CCNA, CCENT, JNCIA, CCNP are also desirable.
- High School Diploma
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.